Livingston - all the threads merged

7 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I've seen otherwise.

And c**t and bawsack is only a small part of what i've heard shouted at away games towards Martindale. Not just to him either, they shouted abuse at stewards too, and a broken seat was chucked onto the pitch just missing a steward. I've never seen that level of abuse and behaviour before in all the years i've followed Livi, till last season (that's got even worse this season), quite frankly i wouldn't be taking young kids to away games with that going on.

The abuse of stewards and broken seats isn't entitlement, it's young lads getting a little carried away and happens up and down the country every week (if you sit in Section A, take a look at the state of our South Stand, it's in need of thousands of £s worth of repair these days, not because of our own fanbase). That would still happen if we were in League 2, and I'd say since COVID there has been an increase in younger fans behaving like little prats, but we were all young once and I was a little c**t until my early 20s.

What I would say is, everything considered, we still have some of the best behaved supporters in the top 2 divisions. A lot of away fans have gone beyond taking the piss at Almondvale, particularly just after COVID, and we all know about what happened on Sunday. People in the club need to be answering more questions about that if we want to start getting somewhat argumentative (which I can't be bothered to). The chairman actually has a brass neck with his comments 4 days after what just happened. I've never been embarrassed to tell people I support Livingston until now because of that. I'd be happy to take my kids to away matches, the odd fan here and there behaving like a pissed up prat is a big part of our footballing culture in this country. Our fans have a right to be critical following this season, I'm surprised they're not more critical.

1 minute ago, JD and associates said:

The abuse of stewards and broken seats isn't entitlement, it's young lads getting a little carried away and happens up and down the country every week (if you sit in Section A, take a look at the state of our South Stand, it's in need of thousands of £s worth of repair these days, not because of our own fanbase). That would still happen if we were in League 2, and I'd say since COVID there has been an increase in younger fans behaving like little prats, but we were all young once and I was a little c**t until my early 20s.

What I would say is, everything considered, we still have some of the best behaved supporters in the top 2 divisions. A lot of away fans have gone beyond taking the piss at Almondvale, particularly just after COVID, and we all know about what happened on Sunday. People in the club need to be answering more questions about that if we want to start getting somewhat argumentative (which I can't be bothered to). The chairman actually has a brass neck with his comments 4 days after what just happened. I've never been embarrassed to tell people I support Livingston until now because of that. I'd be happy to take my kids to away matches, the odd fan here and there behaving like a pissed up prat is a big part of our footballing culture in this country. Our fans have a right to be critical following this season, I'm surprised they're not more critical.

You've misunderstood me if you thought i was saying that behaviour was entitlement. I've said what their entitlement was in a prev post, thinking we were a top 6 Premiership club, or even a Premiership standard club, that should be in the top flight all the time, we're not, we haven't the fanbase to be. We're Championship standard at best.

Lets not start excusing throwing broken seats at Stewards because other teams have fans doing it, i started supporting Livi so i could take my daughter to games with me, and would like to take my grandkids too, i wouldn't have if that sort of shite went on at our games, and it hasn't for the 27 years i've been going to games, till now.

I agree we have a great behaved support, which is a big part of why i've loved following Livi, i've taken my at the time 84 yo mother in Law to away cup games, she was at the 2004 cup final win too, along with my wife, daughter, dad and some friends, i've never felt embarrassed with our support, but i did up in Dingwall. It's a small group, but it's loud and abusive, and others are joining in, i wouldn't like that to continue and grow till it's a real problem. Just now it's putting me off going to away games, bad enough the football we're playing, and even the moaning from those fans is understandable, if not tiresome after a while, but the constant abuse and swearing, that's not in any way what i'm used to from Livi fans at games, not that level. 

I can swear and have the odd moan myself, you get caught up in the emotion of the game, that's accepted at football, but this just now is beyond that, and it just isn't a pleasant experience seeing it at our away matches. We've built ourselves around being a family friendly club, where kids can go to games, and we're trying to encourage new young fans along, if an adult brought their kids to our away games for the first time, i seriously think it would put them off coming back.  

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You've misunderstood me if you thought i was saying that behaviour was entitlement. I've said what their entitlement was in a prev post, thinking we were a top 6 Premiership club, or even a Premiership standard club, that should be in the top flight all the time, we're not, we haven't the fanbase to be. We're Championship standard at best.

Lets not start excusing throwing broken seats at Stewards because other teams have fans doing it, i started supporting Livi so i could take my daughter to games with me, and would like to take my grandkids too, i wouldn't have if that sort of shite went on at our games, and it hasn't for the 27 years i've been going to games, till now.

I agree we have a great behaved support, which is a big part of why i've loved following Livi, i've taken my at the time 84 yo mother in Law to away cup games, she was at the 2004 cup final win too, along with my wife, daughter, dad and some friends, i've never felt embarrassed with our support, but i did up in Dingwall. It's a small group, but it's loud and abusive, and others are joining in, i wouldn't like that to continue and grow till it's a real problem. Just now it's putting me off going to away games, bad enough the football we're playing, and even the moaning from those fans is understandable, if not tiresome after a while, but the constant abuse and swearing, that's not in any way what i'm used to from Livi fans at games, not that level. 

I can swear and have the odd moan myself, you get caught up in the emotion of the game, that's accepted at football, but this just now is beyond that, and it just isn't a pleasant experience seeing it at our away matches. We've built ourselves around being a family friendly club, where kids can go to games, and we're trying to encourage new young fans along, if an adult brought their kids to our away games for the first time, i seriously think it would put them off coming back.  

Its not just the shite we've had to watch this season because it was happening at away matches last season too. Folk pay good money for a ticket and shouldn't have to listen the whole time to coked up weirdos going off like chimpanzees. 

I think there's a difference between entitlement, I.e. a demand that we play top division football/challenge for top 6 every year vs a bit of unrest as to how this season has gone. Doesn't matter what division you're in, if you're watching a manager scream at a group of professional footballers every week and notice some of the players throw the towel in, you're going to get a number of fans, coked up or not, getting a bit pissed in the stands and having a go. That's just part of professional football - it happens everywhere, at every level. 

By and large, our fans have been very accepting of relegation, which in the grand scheme of things is understandable. For to chairman to have a go at fans, considering what is going on within the club, I don't think that's fair. When he's had a few glasses of wine, he ought to stay off twitter.

JW is entitled to make his point, I personally would refrain, but that's not really acceptable language in my personal opinion, quoting others or not..

We should all be civil, and generally listen more. I think most points would prove to have some validity.

Edited by larry the lion

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We've started youth players at that level right enough, Jack Hamilton was on loan for 6 month to a junior team before moving up to a 4th tier SPFL team. Would be a decent level to get younger players used to the physicality of the Men's game.

If it was the east of Scotland premier division I would be inclined to agree, but not three below that. If there’s a pro player who’s played 20 games at that level I’d be amazed.

2 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Implying I care.

One person complained.

An innocent person who you've upset for no reason. Yet nobody can stop you and nobody can make you care, you're right. It's up to you.

12 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

An innocent person who you've upset for no reason. Yet nobody can stop you and nobody can make you care, you're right. It's up to you.

That’s one way to spin it.

Clutch your pearls some more and cry me a river

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Don't know why you even bother communicating with this attention seeking waste of space. Doesn't care who else he upsets so long as he has a chance to manufacture more stories.

Just place him on the ignore list like the rest of us.

7 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Don't know why you even bother communicating with this attention seeking waste of space. Doesn't care who else he upsets so long as he has a chance to manufacture more stories.

Just place him on the ignore list like the rest of us.

I literally asked why her post was gone, hardly cyber bullying or persecution.

You lot are something else 

Edited by Roger the cabin boy

After reading the previous posts,I hav to add I for one am delighted to be dropping down to the Championship. 

Too many involved with our club from the board,management team and some supporters it's all went to their heads in the PremVarship. 

As for the young team,my son is one of them..........they're daft young lads who one day will be men and hopefully Livi supporting men,who'll pass that on to their kids. 

We've all been that age and done daft things and sometimes they do go over the top .

For me its a double edged sword,yeah they need reined in at times, but and it's a big fuckin but,we as club who struggle for support cannot be turning young fans away from our club,utter suicide stuff  !!!

I'll also add, for as long as I can remember that Livi hav been blighted by certain supporters that think, they're better than the rest of us,like they're some exclusive cabal .

Martindale should be the first out the door,remember this  guy has won 3 out of 31  games,lost 20, worst goals for and against,

Plays the most boring tactics in the league, backwards,side wards,,upwards and over the stand, it's not just the players lacking ability, there are better manager/ coaches in the championship,with way more ability than him,his  overall recruitment, and man management of the players over the last 2 seasons has been  horrendous, I don't care what he's done in the past it's now and the future that matter

So what are the fans to do,say nothing and let this guy destroy the  club, football wise ,so  he has decided  he can still take the team forward,and there are no one there to question him,or give him his jotters. Does he own the club

This would never happen at another club,he'd be well gone

.The fans have been frustrated for so long,but there's still no need to to be  so aggressive and nasty from a minority 

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

After reading the previous posts,I hav to add I for one am delighted to be dropping down to the Championship. 

Too many involved with our club from the board,management team and some supporters it's all went to their heads in the PremVarship. 

As for the young team,my son is one of them..........they're daft young lads who one day will be men and hopefully Livi supporting men,who'll pass that on to their kids. 

We've all been that age and done daft things and sometimes they do go over the top .

For me its a double edged sword,yeah they need reined in at times, but and it's a big fuckin but,we as club who struggle for support cannot be turning young fans away from our club,utter suicide stuff  !!!

I'll also add, for as long as I can remember that Livi hav been blighted by certain supporters that think, they're better than the rest of us,like they're some exclusive cabal .

The Ultras at least bring positivity to games with their singing and support for the players, even when we went behind, something the toxic moaners that shout abuse all game could learn from. The chucking things at Stewards, or anyone else though, has no excuses. Hopefully that doesn't happen again.

The group that moan and shout abuse all game are just too toxic, i don't know if that would stop once Martindale was away, or it would just carry on for whatever target they feel deserves it next. They seem to be having a good time shouting abuse and having a laugh about it to one another, but it doesn't create a good match day experience.

11 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

If you mean C3, they're brilliant. They're the solution not the problem. The dugouts should be switched around so the Livi bench have C3 behind them.

Edited by Freedom Farter

25 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

1 matches unbeaten 

1 clean sheets in a row

1 point closer to safety

All aboard the Martindale redemption train

There will be some that still really believe that 😅