Livingston - all the threads merged

1 hour ago, Livi said:

Uh oh this would be a disaster

However, Nottingham, who moved north from Accrington last summer, remains contracted to the Lions for next term and insisted a drop to the Scottish second tier will not prompt him to seek an exit from West Lothian.

“I expect to be here next season,” said the 35-year-old centre-back. “It’s in my contract that I can stay here next season and I really enjoy it up here. I definitely want to stay up here.”

The announcement of his signing on the OS (Link) - "Michael joins the club on a 1-year-deal and will wear the number 21 shirt for the 2023/24 campaign."

They've either got it wrong when announcing his signing, or he's signed an extension that no-one's bothered talking about.

Edited by LiviLion

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

They've either got it wrong when announcing his signing, or he's signed an extension that no-one's bothered talking about

Or he's realised he's absolutely rotten and old so is unlikely to have many suiters come the end of the season and thus is trying to butter up his current employer.

Our defence needs an overhaul. Hell the whole team needs an overhaul. 

I think the time has come for Martindale to move on but he will undoubtedly be in charge next year. He has a big task on the field but arguably an even bigger one off the field trying to get fans back onside and I for one will be furious if we waste wages on Nottingham & Devlin next year.

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I think the time has come for Martindale to move on but he will undoubtedly be in charge next year.

I get the through thick or thin part as a supporter. If you want to force change then a good way would be for fans to vote with there ST. I appreciate its only 800 odd people but it could still ve powerful.

I suspect the 800 will plod on through thick and thin expecting change and in reality get more of the same.  

6 minutes ago, Livi said:

I get the through thick or thin part as a supporter. If you want to force change then a good way would be for fans to vote with there ST. I appreciate its only 800 odd people but it could still ve powerful.

I suspect the 800 will plod on through thick and thin expecting change and in reality get more of the same.  

I think for fans of a club Livi's size there is a fine balance when it comes to voting with your feet. 

Many could boycott but is it really in the interests of fans to cripple their club financially which could ultimately lead to it's demise? My personal answer to that is no. 

As I've made clear I think Martindale should go but next season will be massive for us and I will get my season ticket. Criticise me if you like. 

Martindale has had an absolute shocker this season, no doubt about that, but look at the list of managers in the Championship just now. Other than the lad at Airdrie, there isn't a single decent one, they're all absolute huddies, not 1 of them is head and shoulders above Martindale. I don't think we'd attract anyone much better. I'm all for going to the games and causing a bit of a stir if you're not happy. But staying away when you support a small community club? That doesn't sit right with me, auld scum kinda behaviour. 

1 hour ago, JD and associates said:

Martindale has had an absolute shocker this season, no doubt about that, but look at the list of managers in the Championship just now. Other than the lad at Airdrie, there isn't a single decent one, they're all absolute huddies, not 1 of them is head and shoulders above Martindale. I don't think we'd attract anyone much better. I'm all for going to the games and causing a bit of a stir if you're not happy. But staying away when you support a small community club? That doesn't sit right with me, auld scum kinda behaviour. 

Its hardly scum type of behaviour when you see the behaviour of the manager over the season along with the off field antics that the manager is involved in eg Lord Braid report

Read my point again i didn't expect 800 people to vote with their feet. 

2 hours ago, larry the lion said:

because the rest is irrelevant to me. I'll keep buying ST's and keep going down. You could be in charge and I'd still rock up

I admire your blind faith 👏

Really hoping this is Nottingham saying the club has the option on him and he'd like to stay, rather than the horrifying alternative. He's absolutely shocking.

In part a lot of Nottingham and Devlin's woes have come by trying to carry Obileye through games though IMO. It's just glaringly obvious those previous two are not a Fitzwater, Guthrie or anywhere near as competent. Though I'd rather not see any of that back three hang around.

5 hours ago, Livi said:

Wouldn't be in favour of a ST boycott but a collective delay in renewals could start to get the level of feeling through.

On the other side of the coin; we've had poor managers before; they've all left (or been pushed) sooner or later. Effectively we really need to get the ownership sorted out before anyone with clout can make a decision on hiring and firing.

23 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Ward says the stock transfer to McIlvogue has been completed. The supporters trust claim to have the share register so I’m surprised they haven’t commented on this.

Transfer of shares to mcilvogue / Baycup was interdicted by Lord Braid back in December.

Nothing can be ‘completed’ until the case has reached an end.

Ergo, Ward is a liar LOL

43 minutes ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Transfer of shares to mcilvogue / Baycup was interdicted by Lord Braid back in December.

Nothing can be ‘completed’ until the case has reached an end.

Ergo, Ward is a liar LOL

I see Martindale has recently been referring to the "new owners" in press articles you wonder why if Lord Braid has put a halt to it for the moment.

45 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Wouldn't be in favour of a ST boycott but a collective delay in renewals could start to get the level of feeling through.

On the other side of the coin; we've had poor managers before; they've all left (or been pushed) sooner or later. Effectively we really need to get the ownership sorted out before anyone with clout can make a decision on hiring and firing.

Even a delay would be a challenge with the hard core Livi fans to much division.

On 26/04/2024 at 10:03, East Calder Lion said:

I don't like the way he says "us" when talking about getting back up. I  won't be going to any games if he is still at the club next season.

What if we start winning games and are having a good season?

I'll be there regardless, watched us in the bottom tier when we were demoted from the 1st division/Championship, just like going to the football and everything that entails, pre match meet up with mates etc.