Livingston - all the threads merged

Why? The club isnt in admin, surely he can choose which bills to pay and which not to. Isnt that what they've been doing all this time anyway?

That quote from Massone really is bizarre.

Because the revenue are already on his case, so if he paid the council last week to avoid action the revenue would have raised it next week. If the £300,000 is available he would have been able to pay all the creditors nearly 50% of what he owed them as an immediate payment.

Yes he is a buffoon but he didn't deserve the hatchet job that has been done on him and anyone thinking of trying to buy the club will need to be very wary of some folks.

Edited by AND180Y

He couldn't give all the cash to the council as there are other creditors, he would have needed to distribute the cash ampongst them all pro-rata.

He definately had plans for the stadium.

It's clear enough that Massone and his remaining gang at Almondvale do not have a shred of integrity between them. After watching a rather uncomfortable Peter Johnston's performance on the evening news, and hear him express his desire to get the club into administration and for football remaining his Council's priority, then I'm equally certain that there isn't a great deal of honesty on that side of the table either.

Throw old Rankine into the mix, and my goodness, that's quite a cocktail of shit to have around one table.

Because the revenue are already on his case, so if he paid the council last week to avoid action the revenue would have raised it next week. If the £300,000 is available he would have been able to pay all the creditors nearly 50% of what he owed them as an immediate payment.

Yes he is a buffoon but he didn't deserve the hatchet job that has been done on him and anyone thinking of trying to buy the club will need to be very wary of some folks.

Yes, but that doesnt mean he couldnt have paid the council. He could have, but would simply have moved the problem from one creditor to another(s).

Yes, of course it's up to them and the locals, but if the same thing was happening in Fife with some sports club that I wasn't too fussed about, I'd be pretty angry at public money going that way. Just because it isn't in our own area doesn't mean we shouldn't feel some anger about it. I'd be happy to see the club survive in the sustainable manner you describe, but with the council owning the ground and Livingston, in whatever form they may take, having pretty much no option to play anywhere other than Almondvale, the council must surely be in quite a decent position to dictate terms to whoever it is that might take over the club. Instead, it seems that not only are they prepared to put little effort into pursuing what they're owed, they are willing ot greatly reduce future rent. I just don't think it's on for a public body to behave like that.

Well yes, probably but it's not a hard and fast rule. Local government subsidise business in all sorts of ways, particularly high profile ones that bring publicity and people to the area. It's up to them to decide if it's worth it. Clearly it hasn't been lately but they might think it's nonetheless worth perservering with.

Is that the lease on the stadium? I think it is a nice stadium for what its worth, better than Airdrie and Clyde thats for sure. Would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Yes. The Council now own the freehold and can do as they see fit. Housing possibly with a smaller stadium for a community football club and maybe even speedway/stock car racing on the edge of the town?

Others will know more about my next point then me. IF Livi are wound up, i take it the Council own the stadium land, and can therefore do what they see fit with it, ie housing/retail development etc? If so, then i don't think they'll have too many qualms about taking serious action against Livi.

Some of the land around already has planning permission. If you want to know the full story - read the thread entitled 'any comments', posted by RedV on livilions - and particularly the posts by 'the watcher' who uncovered why everyone is so interested in acquiring Livingston FC. ;)

It's clear enough that Massone and his remaining gang at Almondvale do not have a shred of integrity between them. After watching a rather uncomfortable Peter Johnston's performance on the evening news, and hear him express his desire to get the club into administration and for football remaining his Council's priority, then I'm equally certain that there isn't a great deal of honesty on that side of the table either.

Throw old Rankine into the mix, and my goodness, that's quite a cocktail of shit to have around one table.

West Lothian Council were a major player in bringing Meadowbank Thistle to Livingston - they have a serious amount of egg on their faces now too. They can't now just disown the club and pretend it doesn't exist. What a shambles!

According to someone on livilions who was at the court - the club have been placed in administration and Massone was there with a face ready to burst. No doubt details will emerge over the coming hours and days - this will run and run.....

Edited by KingfaetheSooth

So if they are now in admin, what does that mean? What happens next?

The court will appoint administrators today who will be straight in there I'd imagine - what happens then is anyone's guess - this is quite different to Gretna where they had some games to play towards the end of the season.

I can imagine a scenario where the club might well be liquidated if it is felt that the club cannot fulfill their fixtures for this season and there are no serious buyers.

No doubt people McDougall and chancers like Rankine will want to get a piece of the action - if they think that there might be a few quid to be made. I still think that their league place is the key - that is the thing that is worth something either to a team based in Livingston or somewhere else. I don't think there are any precedents for this - Gretna were fucked completely, but there are a number of players in this scenario. The key is the council and the football authorities.

It will be interesting....

How can they carry on and start playing fixtures as if everything is normal?

Shoot the barstewards between the eyes.

Someone is putting money in. Christ last week they couldn't afford a bus to Bathgate and now they enter admin and can afford one to Dumfries!!

Massone's comments in the paper this morning and also after the court sitting were yet another example of what a lunatic this guy is.

What annoys me though is that he is being allowed to spout p*sh on a regular basis, with no-one trying to catch him out by simply asking: "Mr Massone, why haven't you paid the bills on time and why did you say the council would be paid in full by June 30 and then not carry this out?"

I've no doubt that the council have held discussions with the trust/McDougall and whoever else given that senior football in the town is a "priority". A deal will have been worked out in some way as I don't think the council would have forced this through if they thought there may be the prospect of extinction.

It will be interesting to see how things play out but what must happen now is that the fans have to start raising cash so they can help the club survive. Sitting back and waiting for a deal to come together is not an option.

By the way, what about the solicitor's quote in the court! Didn't miss anything there did he?!

I take it all of Livi's players will be released over the next couple of days then...?

And what are SFL going to do about it now?

Now the big question is, what do the SFL do.

Will it be a points deduction. Will it be relegation. Or will they be thrown out of the league.

Sorry to read this. I never liked Livi after what they did to us when we were in trouble, but i do genuinely feel sorry for their supporters.

And what are SFL going to do about it now?
Now the big question is, what do the SFL do.

The SFL are governed by the blazers who Chair the various football clubs - consensus is unlikely - it will all be about self-interest.

It will probably take them till Monday to make a statement announcing a meeting for next Thursday. <_<

Yes. The Council now own the freehold and can do as they see fit. Housing possibly with a smaller stadium for a community football club and maybe even speedway/stock car racing on the edge of the town?

AIUI the admistrator will still hold the lease, they didn't go to court to irritate the lease.

The SFL are governed by the blazers who Chair the various football clubs - consensus is unlikely - it will all be about self-interest.

It will probably take them till Monday to make a statement announcing a meeting for next Thursday. <_<

Give the ns at the SFL a break - after all they would never have expected this!!!!Aye right.

Wonder who they'll ask what to do?