Livingston - all the threads merged

How many Livi fans agree with the comments below?

The above appears on Livi Lions and perhaps sums up just how out of touch with reality many fans of that club still are. I have not an earthly if the poster, Liviforever, posts on P&B. I suspect it would be better for him if he didn't darken this board with such unfortunate comments.

I can only assume the chap(ess) is about 15, otherwise he/she is a bit of a fuckwit.

Livingston fans think they've had it tough?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only assume the chap(ess) is about 15, otherwise he/she is a bit of a fuckwit.

Livingston fans think they've had it tough?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truth is, Livingston have done nothing but make it tougher for everyone else.

FFS give it a rest :rolleyes:

Is that a 'yes' or a 'no' then? I have read with interest the views, amongst others, of Stadio Delle Almondvale and LLD on this thread. I think I know how they would respond to my perfectly reasonable question. As for you and the other Livi fans on P&B, I am not so sure. Would you care to enlighten me?

Congratulations Signor Massone - a profit of £49,999 and a years worth of publicity that a maniac like him would, usually, have to kill (or die) for.

You forgot the bit about the new consortium effectively blackmailing the SFL.

If this is now correct and massone has sold his shares then there is no need for a vote as a new company need not be formed.

So now Livi should remain in interim administration, which is still against the rules and penalties should be imposed, but will they???

I wonder what Henry McCleish will say about this in his report on scottish football, and whether or not he will seek guidance from Uefa or Fifa on this whole sorry incident.

Truth is, Livingston have done nothing but make it tougher for everyone else.

Oh aye.

Obviously the Scottish lower leagues don't exist in a vacuum, but Livingston must have deprived clubs in divisions 1-3 of a rediculous number of players over the years, and would have driven up wage expectations and by-passed frugally run clubs in the process of doing so.

The unfortunate thing is that Scottish football was beginning to settle down after the chaos of the last 20 years. With few exceptions, most clubs are at their natural level and are spending sensibly. Should the rule change be pushed through, we'll set ourselves back 15 years at a stroke.

I'm old enough to remeber the cazy days of the late 80s to early 90s, where 1st division clubs habitually paid tranfer fees and wages that would make the likes of Hibs and Aberdeen turn pale these days. The example set this week is that it's OK to chase a dream in that manner again. That's the last thing Scottish football needs.

You forgot the bit about the new consortium effectively blackmailing the SFL.

I haven't made too many posts on this thread but just before the June 30th deadline I said that the SFL & WLC would do just about anything to keep professional football at Almondvale.

If this is now correct and massone has sold his shares then there is no need for a vote as a new company need not be formed.

So now Livi should remain in interim administration, which is still against the rules and penalties should be imposed, but will they???

I wonder what Henry McCleish will say about this in his report on scottish football, and whether or not he will seek guidance from Uefa or Fifa on this whole sorry incident.

No, No and the Henry McLeish report is due the week after the Ernie Walker Think Tank report :lol:

Fine. They've already folded regarding Tuesday's deadline, so the SFL should relegate them and see what they do about it.

The Second Division would simply require a larger cutting of costs, it isn't the financial abyss that those two charlatans make it out to be. They ought to be preparing for a tough relegation scrap this season anyway. If that goes wrong, will they leave?

Heard on the news tonight that Rankine and McDougall will pull out of any deal if a sanction of relegation from the 1st is imposed by the SFA/SFL

Apologies if this has already been mentioned

Does this include de facto relegation such as a fifteen point penalty for this season?

Here, here. A wee spell in Division 2 would probably do the new consortium some favours, allow them to recover from their gross mismanagement over the years like Morton, Partick & various others.

It'd actually be the best for the club, but hey, their rightful place is in the SPL, third force in Scottish football!

Heard on the news tonight that Rankine and McDougall will pull out of any deal if a sanction of relegation from the 1st is imposed by the SFA/SFL

Apologies if this has already been mentioned

Longmuir has already made the following two statements:

"We want to support the club as much as possible. A points deduction could still be put in place if the other clubs feel that it is a necessary course of action to take."

"But demotion wasn't considered because the prospective buyers of the club have a business plan that involves Livingston being in the First Division."

If the SFL remain determined to save Livi at all costs, I would not be the least bit surprised if they do not even suffer a points deduction never mind automatic relegation.

It's surely up to the clubs to decide. I can think of more than a few wanting to see punishment, and a few at the wrong end of this division looking for points deductions. I want Morton's vote to be for the most severe punishment with a level of support. Longmuir wants to avoid the embarassment of a 9 team league, simple. The rest of the leagues should impose a strong punishment.