Livingston - all the threads merged

On 19/04/2023 at 17:31, EdinburghLivi said:

Club photographer has an interesting story on his instagram from 19 hours ago. Looks like a photoshoot at the stadium for a player whose hair I don't recognise. Potential new signing confirmation if someone can work it out.

Or it could be nothing lol

https://www.instagram.com/michaelhulfphotography/

Nope, looks to be a random photoshoot. Sorry for getting everyone excited over nonexistent transfer goss.

In actual transfer goss, the Daily Record suggests that some English Championship teams (including the actually decent Coventry) are looking at Devlin. A bit mental to me but good luck to him, if it happens.

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Quite a few teams after him according to the DR, Hearts leading the chase in Scotland, Aberdeen, Hibs and Utd mentioned too, with Coventry, Ipswich, Reading and Wigan in England. 

I’d say the chances of him staying in Scotland are virtually null. Non-OF clubs will be priced out quickly if a few clubs begin chasing him down south and he is English so no connection to Scotland in any way. 

In other news, thought folk may enjoy our stadium expansion announced in 2030. 

793DA7FB-D823-40A3-B39E-64617EBC8FB3.jpeg

15 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Non-OF clubs will be priced out quickly if a few clubs begin chasing him down south and he is English so no connection to Scotland in any way. 

Isn't he from Glasgow or nearby? And played in Scotland pretty much his entire career?

Not that that would change his desire to go down south for a bigger pay packet for the last few years of his career IMO.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Isn't he from Glasgow or nearby? And played in Scotland pretty much his entire career?

Not that that would change his desire to go down south for a bigger pay packet for the last few years of his career IMO.

Bishopbriggs.

First i heard of him was when he played for Ayr Utd, then went to England, was out of our price range back then. Has been a very good signing for us though.

1 hour ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

I’d say the chances of him staying in Scotland are virtually null. Non-OF clubs will be priced out quickly if a few clubs begin chasing him down south and he is English so no connection to Scotland in any way. 

Tony Macaroni shelling out £13m on the stadium naming rights. Ballers.

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Quite a few teams after him according to the DR, Hearts leading the chase in Scotland, Aberdeen, Hibs and Utd mentioned too, with Coventry, Ipswich, Reading and Wigan in England. 

Honestly I don't see why. His first season was cut short by injury, he kicked on was a very good player for a while but this season he's regressed totally and hasn't looked all that good. 

I don't think he walks into the Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts teams as a starter, let alone improving them. I mentioned it on the Hearts thread when the initial link was just them, but:

Forrest got the move off of a ridiculous purple patch at the end of his deal. It somewhat made sense.
Halkett got the move off of being probably the best Livi CB of the last 15 years
Devlin doesn't really fit into the mould of exceeding with us and getting the move

I won't begrudge him it though, fair play if he gets it. He's got a new baby and this is likely the last chance at a 'big deal' in his career. He needs to make the most of it really.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still very good going forward, but yeah defensively he/we haven't been at the races this season.

I always thought he started to struggle more with his defensive duties once he was made captain. Its like he kept getting pulled out of position.

11 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

£26m upgrade,23k capacity massive sponsorships, almost had me until I read:

Playing surface  - grass 

😉

Starting to understand where the £4m+ Bruce Anderson valuation being thrown around here a while back came from tho.

On 08/04/2023 at 16:45, Cptn Hooch said:

His kicking is 50-50 usually but has been especially poor recently. Max and Ivan didn't want to be here, Shamal does

Didn't reply to this at the time as I was too pissed off at the abysmal Motherwell display but he's cost us again today with a poor save and some rank rotten kicking. My point was that I'd be surprised if a keeper brought in on a free transfer couldn't have done as good for us this season. Not seeing anything like the Colchester fans suggestions that he kept them in games a lot. Needs to massively improve next season if he's going to justify his fee and move on for money.

I'll be in the minority but I will be glad to see the back of Devlin as well. Good luck to the team who pay him a lot of money.

Regardless of what happened elsewhere, that was pretty abysmal again today. We don't create anywhere near enough chances when we go behind in away games and didn't really look like scoring at any point in the second half. What has Bahamboula done wrong to not get any chances?

That chance creation has to be a massive area for Martindale to look to improve on in the summer. I'm hoping that the impending exit of Devlin will allow him to let the right winger to stay further up and not need to track back as much.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Pathetic performance when you consider what was on the line, before you even think that BOTH of the other results went our way and we'd be sitting 5th this evening, just 3 and 5 points off 4th and 3rd respectively, if the players turned up.

George

Brandon  -  Luiyi  -  Boyes  -  Penrice

Holt  -  Pittman

Bradley  -  St.Kelly  -  Montano

Anderson

For the rest of the season please. If we're going to play Anderson get the ball on the ground, if we're going to play hoofball then do it properly and build a team that would make it work.

Stephen Kelly is not as good as you all seem to think, lacks pace ,and drifts out of games, doesn't  do enough going forward, as I've said for a couple of years, Pittman,Holt,Shinnie are simply not good enough, the only 2 players that can run with a ball without losing  it are Montana and  Nouble, this teams true abilities  are starting to show, and definitely will be found out next season, Montano needs to be played further up the park ,he is not a left back

Nouble looks burnt out, and off form since he came back from injury.
Guthrie won't do next season ,he couldn't hit a barn door
Bradley doesn't impress as anywhere near a top flight player
Anderson needs support from a winger and midfield and gets none.
The defence, What defence, completely needs a rebuild.......

Oh The goalkeeper is rotten  too

Once again,cretin that you are,you have arisen.Havent heard from you for months,but here you are again.Only come on after defeats as per norm.Your critique occasionally has merits,but on the whole despite the dissapointment of the majority of those on here,give us all a break and take your comments where they truly belong.In the trash can along with your good self.Were back next season in the SPL where I suspect youl continue to exasperate  your continues drivel.Till we go down.Which you will no doubt say,I told you so.FFS get real Scrutinizor. 

No idea why Nouble was playing today; he was miles off even during the warm-up. He's either carrying an injury or was ill and playing through it; Bahamboula would surely have been a far better choice. Why play a player in such an important game if he's not fit unless there's absolutely no option?

Shamil George was very rocky; in fact he's been like that for a while. His kicking in particular was just awful. I wonder if there's any chance in getting Francisco Javier Sánchez Broto back for a few weeks as a coach to teach some of his kicking techniques?   For the remaining games I'd prefer Hamilton get a run out. 

For the game today I do feel that Sean Kelly would have been a better option than Shinnie. Shinnie did okay today but I do thing the huge gap in the defensive midfield would have been plugged by Kelly being there.

I wonder what's the chance of Brandon being able to start and last the game?

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

For the rest of the season please. If we're going to play Anderson get the ball on the ground, if we're going to play hoofball then do it properly and build a team that would make it work.

This was very frustrating today. Our build up began with the two centre mids, Holt and Shinnie, plus the two centre backs Boyes and Fitzwater. Dundee Utd were sitting off in their defensive shape for these phases. Montaño and Devlin took up advanced positions down their wings while Nouble and Bradley moved infield into the inside channels and Stephen Kelly held the center. So there were 5 options there to just rattle a pass into their feet yet hardly ever did the 4 build up players attempt such a pass. It nearly always ended with Boyes just launching some pointless long ball into the left inside channel for Anderson to chase out for a goal kick. The other times it'd be Fitzwater launching a high diagonal also to that inside left channel which presumably Anderson or Nouble were supposed to feed off somehow. 

This was especially frustrating down the left because Nouble is an expert at taking a pass fired into him with his back to goal and Montaño was often available wide left to feet too yet Boyes would do his stupid long high ball in the channel that just goes out for a goal kick thing. It's possible Martindale had instructed our centre backs and centre mids not to attempt these passes, the thinking there being that Utd can intercept them or just tackle Nouble/Montaño and spring an immediate counter attack down that wing. If so, shite tactic, risks like that need to be taken. It's also the case that in Utd's defensive shape their five midfielders perfectly mirrored our 5 targets so naturally marked them closely. Just play the pass anyway, though, nothing ventured nothing gained. Especially when you've Nouble as one of those targets who can take a pass in with 3 men on him and still turn past them all.

Edited by FreedomFarter

On 21/04/2023 at 10:11, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hearts are massive. He should go there.