Livingston - all the threads merged

Guest Flash
I am already in the place where I will never give one penny to Livingston FC for the rest of my days. ... It currently sits as the only away fixture (be it league or Cup) that I will never attend again.

I can't possibly hope to convince other travelling supporters to do the same, but I would certainly encourage it.....

It's no bad thing oif the footballing supporters of this country give their alternate opinion in a way that these nuggets understand...........stay away from Almondvale.

Agree 100%.

"But demotion wasn't considered because the prospective buyers of the club have a business plan that involves Livingston being in the First Division."

It's a real pity that the Livi business plan was not a bit more ambitious. Had they gone for the plan being based on being in the SPL they may have walked away with a promotion.

Staggering. Simply staggering. Longmuir has just told the world he is utterly unfit to hold office.

It is a staggeringly stupid thing to say if he hasn't been misquoted.

However, I'm not prepared to write the man off on the back of one bad quote. Everything else he's done since he came into the SFL has been progressive.

Gordon Smith has lurched from one pr cock up to another on a regular basis since he became Chief Exec of the SFA and he's still in office.

No one at livi is proud of the way our last three owners have handeld the club, especially the last owner who faced protests from furious livi fans. He has brought us as low as it can get, and frankly, in opposition to the desires and beliefs of the community as a whole he has single handedly brought us to our knees once again. There is an argument that says , "why should livi get away with it?" this could be countered by "why should one man destroy a communities club". I'm sure the more tribalistic amongst you will say ' "Fcuk livi, not going to their games", as a supporter of your team I would think that was a bit shit for your team, no away team every time we play at home? Should give us a nice advantage (if you really want to be that generous). Also, if the Livi contingency decide to return the favour, I think a few clubs would suffer more than we would. In fact, if the Livi fans that stayed away from away games donated direct to the new regime, the it might work out well for everyone. Yes, I am being nasty, but you guys are tarring and feathering every single honest livi fan who has had to watch their club getting a new hole torn, pissing local businesses off (lots of whom are livi fans) and hacking off the entire footballing community in scotland. I'm sure you are wondering why the SFL are going to ask their members to vote (they can always say no remember), simple, Massone is one gaffe away from being sectioned and they can see Livi is a viable proposition for filling the fixtures next season. It's too late to do anything else.

I know there is no chance cause you are all big tough guys, but a little empathy can go a long way. I can think of a couple of livi fans who bought shares in Stiring Albion to try and help them out, scottish football needs to galvanise to survive, not keep clamouring to climb on each others shoulders, at this moment, footballing success i.e. promotion, is the kiss of death for any club living outwith their means as we have been made to do by Massone and previous chairmen.

In that one highlighted sentence, you are effectively saying that Livingston FC have a significant travelling support that is greater in number than those who attend your place. That my friend, is complete and utter tosh. There are numerous occasions where your travelling support doesn't even come close to three figures.

You are back in that place that reckons the entire population of west Lothian along with the business community are sitting waiting on the departure of Massone in order to come flooding back in huge numbers. It will not happen. You will enjoy the Hawthorn effect for a couple of weeks, then it'll be back to square one. If you do receive some form of footballing penalty that the club absolutely deserves, then you might well be sitting with a "hardcore" in three figures.

Edited by Guest

I can think of a couple of livi fans who bought shares in Stiring Albion to try and help them out,

I presume you mean they invested in that 'Buy Stirling Albion' campaign? I can't imagine they actually bought shares when the guy won't actually sell any to the campaign itself.

Staggering. Simply staggering. Longmuir has just told the world he is utterly unfit to hold office. I am already in the place where I will never give one penny to Livingston FC for the rest of my days. I have three boys who are in exactly the same place (a bit of support for Dad). It currently sits as the only away fixture (be it league or Cup) that I will never attend again.

I can't possibly hope to convince other travelling supporters to do the same, but I would certainly encourage it. Longmuir in all of his magnificent stupidity, has give the official viewpoint of the SFL. It's no bad thing oif the footballing supporters of this country give their alternate opinion in a way that these nuggets understand...........stay away from Almondvale.

I doubt your mind would ever be changed but I question whether actively encouraging people to stay away from Almondvale is very constructive. As Livingston fans we now face the task of building a bridge over a distance the equivalent of the Atlantic Ocean. I oppose Duncan's attitude and encourage other fans to make their own minds up base upon how we now conduct ourselves. If we don't pay our staff and players and indeed rack up debts then we deserve what we get. But I hope that we have now unburdened ourselves of the continuous "charlatan" owners that we seem to attract. Please judge us on what we can become, not what we have been.

Get ready to start sucking it up big style...this isn't over.

Not by a long shot and only to well aware of it.

edit: spelling

Edited by Stadio Delle Almondvale

But I hope that we have now unburdened ourselves of the continuous "charlatan" owners that we seem to attract....................

Done any research on the "New Order" or the companies they are involved in?

No one at livi is proud of the way our last three owners have handeld the club, especially the last owner who faced protests from furious livi fans. He has brought us as low as it can get, and frankly, in opposition to the desires and beliefs of the community as a whole he has single handedly brought us to our knees once again. There is an argument that says , "why should livi get away with it?" this could be countered by "why should one man destroy a communities club". I'm sure the more tribalistic amongst you will say ' "Fcuk livi, not going to their games", as a supporter of your team I would think that was a bit shit for your team, no away team every time we play at home? Should give us a nice advantage (if you really want to be that generous). Also, if the Livi contingency decide to return the favour, I think a few clubs would suffer more than we would. In fact, if the Livi fans that stayed away from away games donated direct to the new regime, the it might work out well for everyone. Yes, I am being nasty, but you guys are tarring and feathering every single honest livi fan who has had to watch their club getting a new hole torn, pissing local businesses off (lots of whom are livi fans) and hacking off the entire footballing community in scotland. I'm sure you are wondering why the SFL are going to ask their members to vote (they can always say no remember), simple, Massone is one gaffe away from being sectioned and they can see Livi is a viable proposition for filling the fixtures next season. It's too late to do anything else.

I know there is no chance cause you are all big tough guys, but a little empathy can go a long way. I can think of a couple of livi fans who bought shares in Stiring Albion to try and help them out, scottish football needs to galvanise to survive, not keep clamouring to climb on each others shoulders, at this moment, footballing success i.e. promotion, is the kiss of death for any club living outwith their means as we have been made to do by Massone and previous chairmen.

:o Seriously? You lot bring two men and a dug. You are taking the piss!

In that one highlighted sentence, you are effectively saying that Livingston FC have a significant travelling support that is greater in number than those who attend your place. That my friend, is complete and utter tosh. There are numerous occasions where your travelling support doesn't even come close to three figures.

You are back in that place that reckons the entire population of west Lothian along with the business community are sitting waiting on the departure of Massone in order to come flooding back in huge numbers. It will not happen. You will enjoy the Hawthorn effect for a couple of weeks, then it'll be back to square one. If you do receive some form of footballing penalty that the club absolutely deserves, then you might well be sitting with a "hardcore" in three figures.

No, sorry try again. I am stating that Livi are now on a last chance and we have to run the club with the community model and youth development at the fore of everything we do. Income=expenditure. If livi fans stay away form games the money will go to Livi's coffers. If you stay away form livi's games, are you going to donate it to your club? Feck knows, your going to need it. But don't worry, if Falkirk find themselves in the shit, I'm sure your positivity will help rally everyone around. We certainly have the numbers in Livi, just need to get over our incredibly negative last few years. I am saying that we as livi fans have a mountain to climb in terms of stabilising our club, opening it up to the community and regaining some of our damaged reputation. Only time will tell, if we get the chance, I hope we can prove to you we are worth having around.

As Livingston fans we now face the task of building a bridge over a distance the equivalent of the Atlantic Ocean. .

It would be immeasurably halped by getting rid of the fucking drummer.

It's clear from many posts that therte is no love lost between certain posters and Livingston. Of course it's really the former chairmen and their cronies that have caused this ill felling. It's not the majority of Livi fans who have had to suffer the wholescale humiliation over the last few years that you hate, at least I hope not.

I can't really blame you for your dislike (hatred is too strong a word) but I ask that you remember that a lot of the people who have worked very hard to turn this sorry mess around don't deserve any of the abuse that has been banded about. These are people who, devoted to their club, have sought ways to bring about change. It was clear that everything Massone did was wrong, not least failing to pay staff and creditors. These hard working fans have done what any fan in a similair position would have done, protested, held back ticket purchases or actively planned for change. These are all just football fans, just like you.

I ask you in all honesty, what would you have done in their place? The very same.

The short answer to that is no, no I wouldn't. I'm not so blinded by club loyalty that I'd a solution that put the interests of my club over the interests and reputation of the wider game. Still less would I ask or exepect the SFL to do so. Sorry. This just stinks.

I doubt your mind would ever be changed but I question whether actively encouraging people to stay away from Almondvale is very constructive. As Livingston fans we now face the task of building a bridge over a distance the equivalent of the Atlantic Ocean. I oppose Duncan's attitude and encourage other fans to make their own minds up base upon how we now conduct ourselves. If we don't pay our staff and players and indeed rack up debts then we deserve what we get. But I hope that we have now unburdened ourselves of the continuous "charlatan" owners that we seem to attract. Please judge us on what we can become, not what we have been.

Not by a long shot and only to well aware of it.

edit: spelling

To my eyes, you have just got another load in. More of Scottish footballs non-entities.

Message to Livingston Fc.

Next summer can you please have the decency to go tits up a bit earlier, so the monkeys in charge at the sfl will have sufficient time to allow more suitable and quite frankly worthy teams the chance to apply for league membership.

I may be wrong but i don't think i'm alone in my thinking

:o Seriously? You lot bring two men and a dug. You are taking the piss!

That's pretty true, even when Livi were doing well they didn't bring a crowd. We played Livi in the CIS Cup in 2005, when they were still an SPL club and they brought about 200 fans through.