Quick Question Thread

When I was unemployed, I passed a formal interview for some place and was then offered me a "working interview". Basically did three shifts for them and was told they would make a decision by the end of the week - the c**t never got back to me, not even a "f**k off". I was told at the job centre that I was the sixth person who went for that job that went through the exact same thing but there was nothing that they could do about it. Enforced slave labour - we would all have been sanctioned by the DWP if we didn't go for it.

The b*****ds. At least I'm up front about my desire for human slaves.

I'm guessing they didn't even offer you a sock.

If you were a football manager, what sort of punishment would you dish out for someone taking their shirt off after scoring a goal? At least two months' wages for me. Infuriating behaviour.

Depends on the gender of the players I was managing. If I was manager of a women's team, it would be encouraged and rewarded.

Why did the weasel go pop?

Is it sad that I actually know the answer?

Apparently there's a sexual fetish involving compressed air being blown into orifices like the vagina or anus.

Imagine how humiliating the next day's headlines must have been for his family :(

It's not this

If you had been working 9am to 5pm for several years, you could claim custom and practice, but not after 5 months.

If you're working hours are stated as 8am to 7pm in your contract then theres no legal obligation to give you notice. In a previous job, we used to do rotas a rolling month in advance so that everyone got a months notice of any changes. That wasnt an obligation just seemed reasonable.

ETA - forgot the last question. Short answer, no. Long answer, yes but only by changing their contracts. Thats a legal process with all sorts of notice periods etc involved. The outcome of which could be redundancy or unfair dismissal.

Mr X is pretty much spot on there, as far as my understanding of Employment Law goes.

For information, an employer must be seen to be acting reasonably in making such changes and, if there is a business need, then it's possible to change working hours (even for long-standing employees) providing consultation takes place and due notice given - up to 12 weeks.

The only slight change I'd make to Mr X's answer is that the employee could also claim summary dismissal if they felt the change was significantly unreasonable.

Couple of weeks ago I was flashed by a speed camera down in the borders. My own stupid fault, didn't realise the speed I was travelling at, so no complaints.

However it's been two weeks and a day now and I've read that if they don't get onto you within a fortnight it's unlikely they'll do so. Also heard rumours that a large number of speed cameras are "dummy" ones with no real film and are just there to act as a deterrent (only this one did flash).

Any tips?

Edited by Gaz

Couple of weeks ago I was flashed by a speed camera down in the borders. My own stupid fault, didn't realise the speed I was travelling at, so no complaints.

However it's been two weeks and a day now and I've read that if they don't get onto you within a fortnight it's unlikely they'll do so. Also heard rumours that a large number of speed cameras are "dummy" ones with no real film and are just there to act as a deterrent (only this one did flash).

Any tips?

I got done about 3 months later because I forgot to let them know I'd changed address. Told them I had know idea who was driving at the time (true) and asked them to send a picture. Unfortunately the picture was excellent so I had to take the hit. There is a time limit for them to issue the notice assuming they have your address, can't remember what it is though. If you do get one it could be worth trying the not sure who was driving thing in case the photo can't identify you.

Any tips?

did it flash once or twice?

did it flash once or twice?

I honestly can't remember for sure, but I would be more likely to say just the once. How much time would normally be between flashes if it was to have flashed twice? Edited by Gaz

Right I see, cheers.

Re: the rumours about "dummy" cameras - do these exist?

As i understand it All the cameras are real so they all flash but they only have so many film units that take the pic.

As i understand it All the cameras are real so they all flash but they only have so many film units that take the pic.

I'm fairly sure that all the Gatso's have digital cameras in them now as they all have broadband lines installed in them to upload the pictures they take.