Quick Question Thread

Er, cos millions of people still watch it?

I used to be addicted to it (i.e.I'd turn it on nearly every day when getting in from work). Managed to wean myself off it. But it was glorious foe the seethe it produced. One woman dealt at £17k and her last 2 boxes were the top 2 values. She was literally in floods of tears - utterly distraught and all the rest of it - cos she only got given £17,000 tax free. I know it's on Youtube but I cannae find it.

Another belter was the lassie whose boss wouldn't let her take a month off work to film the program. So she quit her job. And then won 50p.

Nope. I've found the plot. I beat my addiction. I'm in a good place right now. It's been north of 5 years since I watched an episode of DOND.

My name is Richelieu and I am a DONDaholic.

Bet you haven't stopped applying though, have you? ;)

Bet you haven't stopped applying though, have you? ;)

As a quiz show journeyman Dave, I've actually been on a few (and lost then all). I did get an application form, but it was longer than War and Peace and asked you to describe lots of quirky facts about yourself and hilarious-yet-TV-friendly incidents from your life. I'm neither quirky nor hilarious, so I dinghied it.

And in all honesty, I couldn't act on camera pretending to be happy about some dingbat winning a large sum or pretend to have a "feeling" about a particular box.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Nope. I've found the plot. I beat my addiction. I'm in a good place right now. It's been north of 5 years since I watched an episode of DOND.

My name is Richelieu and I am a DONDaholic.

Your Eminence,

I believe Mozza was referring to the fact that you appeared to be having a conversation with yourself due to the lack of quote and talking about nothing that was related to any of the posts directly above yours.

Right,I'm away to ensure the altar boys are washing themselves properly before bed

Regards,

Archbishop Dee Man.

Does anyone have any dealings with letting agencies that could help me out?

My bedroom in my flat will be out of bounds for 3-4 days while they fix damp and black mould on the wall behind my bed. (looks as if they tried to cover it up by shoving a bed in front of it and hoped I wouldn't notice). I was expecting to be given alternative accommodation while the work was being carried out but I was told today I was to sleep on the couch or find my own alternative.

Am I being unreasonable here to expect this from them? I plan to speak to the manager tomorrow and don't want to look like a fud.

My bedroom in my flat will be out of bounds for 3-4 days while they fix damp and black mould on the wall behind my bed. (looks as if they tried to cover it up by shoving a bed in front of it and hoped I wouldn't notice). I was expecting to be given alternative accommodation while the work was being carried out but I was told today I was to sleep on the couch or find my own alternative.

Am I being unreasonable here to expect this from them? I plan to speak to the manager tomorrow and don't want to look like a fud.

Don't go then.

This sounds like awful behaviour from letting agents although they are almost always arseholes and most of all to young guys like yourself. There is probably something in the small print that says they don't need to provide accommodation.

My bedroom in my flat will be out of bounds for 3-4 days while they fix damp and black mould on the wall behind my bed. (looks as if they tried to cover it up by shoving a bed in front of it and hoped I wouldn't notice). I was expecting to be given alternative accommodation while the work was being carried out but I was told today I was to sleep on the couch or find my own.

Heating on full and open all windows. Hey Presto! No more mould.

There's no obligation on the landlord or letting agent to provide alternative accommodation for the sake of one room whatsoever I'm afraid (I think anyway) - I think the wording is a bit vague on one room though, it mentions the word "unreasonable" a lot.

I've only ever heard of folk having to vacate the whole property though which normally means rent deferral and/or an alternative.

Edited by Spain

That's some shooting Scott.

Your Eminence,

I believe Mozza was referring to the fact that you appeared to be having a conversation with yourself due to the lack of quote and talking about nothing that was related to any of the posts directly above yours.

Right,I'm away to ensure the altar boys are washing themselves properly before bed

Regards,

Archbishop Dee Man.

Make sure you inspect their perinea, vital for boys spiritual and physical cleanliness.

Ex Cardinal of Boston Bernard Law, Palazzo della Cancelleria, Rome.

Your Eminence,

Regards,

Archbishop Dee Man.

Sorry lads. Tbh, I'm permanently reading this forum with only one eye open, to prevent the words moving about.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

If you have another room in your flat where the couch is can you not move your bed into that room for the sake of a few days? Maybe the couch room is shared accommodation or the room may be too small for the bed or the bed may not be able to be moved.