Quick Question Thread

How do you embed youtube videos now? I'm sure there used to be a wee button that said "media" that when clicked brought up a box that you pasted the link in to, but that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

It's on the drop down menu if you click the button top left between the rubber and font in the reply section.

Anyone know if credit card repayments are still used to pay off your most recent transactions first? I remember there being some talk about preventing the lenders from doing this, as it's obviously a sneaky wee trick to make them more interest than you'd logically expect, but I've no idea if it came to anything.

Tried googling, but I'm obviously not using the right search terms :wacko:

Well I typed in your exact criteria and found this: http://www.choose.net/money/guide/faqs/allocation-payments-clause-credit-cards.html, although it's a couple of years out of date.

Who is your CC with? The Ts and Cs on their website should be your first port of call.

Well I typed in your exact criteria and found this: http://www.choose.net/money/guide/faqs/allocation-payments-clause-credit-cards.html, although it's a couple of years out of date.

Who is your CC with? The Ts and Cs on their website should be your first port of call.

Hey, I never claimed to be any good with computers...recently :ph34r:

It's not my card; I'm asking for one of my wives. Just gave your link a quick scan, but it looks like the lenders did get their arms twisted over the order-of-payments shitebaggery. Will investigate more later, but it looks like good news :thumsup2

Anyone know if credit card repayments are still used to pay off your most recent transactions first? I remember there being some talk about preventing the lenders from doing this, as it's obviously a sneaky wee trick to make them more interest than you'd logically expect, but I've no idea if it came to anything.

Tried googling, but I'm obviously not using the right search terms :wacko:

^^^ Pete Townshend type post IMO.

^^^ Pete Townshend type post IMO.

You whooshed me there for a minute. However, it's all good, as searching for "pete townshend credit card" did lead me to a Daily Heil article with straplines that amount to:

• TOWNSHEND: "I AM NOT A BEAST"
  • Also, Mick Jagger has a massive wang

:lol:

Has something happened to the format of this forum when reading threads or is it just a fault with my computer? When i see Big fat dave has posted for example i can just see his name and can't see his picture like i could do before.

Has something happened to the format of this forum when reading threads or is it just a fault with my computer? When i see Big fat dave has posted for example i can just see his name and can't see his picture like i could do before.

Has it removed the Tabby bit too or are you referring to another poster?

Maybe it's because he's got the lights on with his curtains open?

I can see your name & sock btw but I've just got a table lamp on.

Grimbo

Edited by Grim O'Grady

Someone else asked that recently; it was something to do with his settings, not the site itself.

Another insightful and informative post from me :lol:

Don't worry, he'll end up thinking he's signed up to be an onastic monk.

Do you mean onanistic, Welshy?

Not those that take a vow of silence. Is it possible to have a total silent w**k? Where's our expert when you need him, anyone seen or should I say heard from Throbber tonight?

Grimbo

Don't worry, he'll end up thinking he's signed up to be an onastic monk.

How would one go about obtaining an application form for such a position? Asking for my mate.

She's been wanting rid of me for ages.

Do you mean onanistic, Welshy?

Not those that take a vow of silence. Is it possible to have a total silent w**k? Where's our expert when you need him, anyone seen or should I say heard from Throbber tonight?

Grimbo

How would one go about obtaining an application form for such a position? Asking for my mate.

She's been wanting rid of me for ages.

Apologies, the position in the Monanastry has been filled. :wub:

Edited by welshbairn

The Onanist Monks of St Juan Kerr are well known for their brewing of hand shandies. The monks are also musically gifted and will show visitors how to play the traditional local instruments, the hairy banjo and the pink oboe

The monastery is situated next to the mountain range known as Pam and her Five Sisters which is a reserve for the endangered Bongo Bush.

The Onanist Monks of St Juan Kerr are well known for their brewing of hand shandies. The monks are also musically gifted and will show visitors how to play the traditional local instruments, the hairy banjo and the pink oboe

The monastery is situated next to the mountain range known as Pam and her Five Sisters which is a reserve for the endangered Bongo Bush.

^^^

Facts that you made up - for this pish.

Grimbo

Does anyone work in quality or manufacturing that can help with this?

You are manufacturing items.

You monitor the throughput and quality by 'first time pass' at each stage.

You build ten items.

Nine pass first time without any issues so first time passes. No problem there.

One is marked down as a first time fail and goes away to be reworked.

So therefore the fty is 9/10 simple?

My question is when the item comes back to that process again can it be marked down as a first time pass as it has failed already?

What's happening where I looked at it in practice was.

9 passes one fail then 1 pass which was the previous fail.

If you work that out its 90% and 91%.

Add this up over a year and the yield improves dramatically.

Confused. Surely if you put your car in for an mot it either passes or fails.

You wouldn't want a paper saying it was a first time pass but it had an exhaust change?