Quick Question Thread

Wouldn't Wales be in this picture then? That's what I thought at first aswell but there would be more illuminated areas for Manchester, Liverpool etc. Not just one large area which is why I thought it was Paris.

Nah, it's orientated with east at the top. North coast of France is on right and South of England on left:

annotated.png

Looks like you're right.

I think Ireland has obviously switched its lights off and gone to bed though.

The only part of Ireland I'd possibly expect in that picture is a wee bit of Wexford poking out into the Celtic Sea, so just out of picture or perhaps under cloud. Almost as if they chose that angle just to exclude Ireland.

Quite smart how you can pick out the North Sea oil and gas platforms on the other side though.

Looking for some free financial advise.

I currently put £250 per month into credit union at work. This means in an emergency I can borrow up to 5 x my savings.

However, im at a stage now where there is enough money in the credit union that I would never be borrowing any more than 5 x that amount so wondering what the best thing would be to do with that money every month.

I get 3% interest for it just sitting in current account but should I think about ISAs, mortgage overpayment or investing in tinned goods for the coming recession/world war?

I currently put £250 per month into credit union at work. This means in an emergency I can borrow up to 5 x my savings.

However, im at a stage now where there is enough money in the credit union that I would never be borrowing any more than 5 x that amount so wondering what the best thing would be to do with that money every month.

I get 3% interest for it just sitting in current account but should I think about ISAs, mortgage overpayment or investing in tinned goods for the coming recession/world war?

If you are getting 3% interest at the moment then I'd say punt as much money as you can into it...you'll not get close to 3% elsewhere?

Plough all of the cash into gold/Rolex.

url.jpeg

If you are getting 3% interest at the moment then I'd say punt as much money as you can into it...you'll not get close to 3% elsewhere?

A quick check around ISA rates and MArtin's money tips says that indeed you are as well just letting the money sit in your current account at the moment.

Mortgage overpayments?