Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm guessing via an airbridge, or up a set of stairs from the tarmac.

Probably about it, just got offered a fraction of the tax back for a cancelled flight due to illness/bereavement, £70 from a £540 ticket. They probably resold my seat for much more. Airlines are c***s.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

tIf you're ex-bird gets in touch asking for a sub while they're skint, would you try to er...take advantage of the situation?

If so, how would you phrase it?

Asking for a friend. ;)

"Have you considered turning to prostitution? I may have an idea for how to ease yourself into it."

You're Your friend isn't concerned about remaining on good terms, right?

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

tIf you're ex-bird gets in touch asking for a sub while they're skint, would you try to er...take advantage of the situation?

If so, how would you phrase it?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Ask if she'd sleep with you for £1m.

If she says yes, ask her if she'd do it for a fiver.

Offended, she replies "What kind of woman do you think I am?".

PA "We've already established what kind of woman you are. Now all we're doing is haggling over the price".

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Speaking poetry, I know a cant-fail poem.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I've got a knife
Get in the fucking van.

You are welcome P&B

That's very child snatcher-esque. I never had you down as a BEAST before. 

Your username is quite apt though. 

Ornithological people: Saw a couple of tit-like (snigger) birds in my garden this morning and can't find find them in the RSPB books or website.

Same shape / size as a sparrow (as opposed to wagtail) but with bright orange beak, white head with black stripes down it's cheeks and over head, black back suddenly changing the grey tail midway down. Bit of orange to it's plumage, maybe.

Any thoughts?

Eta: Any orange plumage maybe a fabrication added as memory faded. Probably rules out Dundee United Finch.

Ornithological people: Saw a couple of tit-like (snigger) birds in my garden this morning and can't find find them in the RSPB books or website.

Same shape / size as a sparrow (as opposed to wagtail) but with bright orange beak, white head with black stripes down it's cheeks and over head, black back suddenly changing the grey tail midway down. Bit of orange to it's plumage, maybe.

Any thoughts?

Wid

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any thoughts?

Pics or GTF

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Any thoughts?

Dundee United finch.

Pics or GTF

Genuinely tried to get a decent camera for the zoom but they'd fcuked off by then. If it wasn't for the other half backing up the description then I'd be convinced my mind was playing tricks.

Any thoughts?

Maybe a spuggie that's just back from paint-balling?

Sounds like a coal tit from your description, only the bright orange beak doesn't match up. Further investigation required.

Coal tit head is more black than white. Maybe one of my neighbours has been putting out the Ronseal again.