Quick Question Thread

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

What a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

They were very much open when I drove past them last week, I couldn't comment on the Keg as I haven't been up Baron Taylor's Lane in a while.

sid james.jpg

Not really how I am spending my Sunday afternoon doesn't take very long to google a pub it two - I was just trying to see what joke you were trying to make at SweeperDee's expense, I thought you were sending him to a Rangers pub.

I quite like the exchange near the station when I'm in Inverness. Or the Gellions or the Corriegarth.

Drank for a while in the Shed yesterday at Shawlands before the football and also found a small pub at Catchcart which was very nice and only a 15 minute walk from the stadium. Much better than drinking in town and getting the train.

Cheers throbber, the keg is a bit of a shitehole but i'm no a classy laddie.

I'm not really a pub snob myself either although I have never been to the keg. Just so long as there's reasonably priced booze and I can get a seat then I'm not particularly fussy.

Just now, throbber said:

I'm not really a pub snob myself either although I have never been to the keg. Just so long as there's reasonably priced booze and I can get a seat then I'm not particularly fussy.

You should get both in there. If you're in early afternoon you'll also no doubt get a few oot their puss c***s going home from last night's party. It's by no means the worst pub in Inverness that's down an alleyway, think the market bar takes that one.

22 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I think the bigger question is how the hell did it happen? Accident or attack?

100% accident. Trying to clear a stubborn blocked drain, I was holding the pipe and other guy was pouring the acid drain cleaner down the pipe. Acid suddenly fizzed back, we both tried to get out the way and the bottle was dropped. It exploded like a Coke bottle laced with Mentos. Got big splash on forehead and the liquid ran down my face. Have never screamed so much in my life at the pain. If it hadnt been for the other guy pouring loads of water on my face then I have no doubt that I would have been blinded. Utter agony for 4 straight hours. It was like somebody holding a blowtorch in my face.Got a wee trip in an ambulance with all the lights and sirens going. My clothes were full of holes burned through them, even my glasses melted as they fell off into the puddle of acid on the floor. Had 3 litres of wter poured into each eye at hospital. Ended up with burns over most of my face but luckily most turned out to be not too serious due to the quick action of being soaked in water. Still feel sorry for the poor girl that was in the house when it happened. One of the worst things was not being able to see the damage done to my face at first. The paramedic told me that things looked very serious and the immediate thought was Simon Weston. It was a scary time.

I'm sure it's a good pub - there are plenty of good modern pubs in Inverness but many of them lack a bit in character and you don't really get a highland feel being in there, which I imagine not to be too ideal for the average tourist.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm sure it's a good pub - there are plenty of good modern pubs in Inverness but many of them lack a bit in character and you don't really get a highland feel being in there, which I imagine not to be too ideal for the average tourist.

Cue the Kenneth Williams gif

Cue the Kenneth Williams gif

I just think tourists want to see a stags head coming out the wall, an open fire and a bit of tartan when they visit the highlands, and for this reason I think Inverness is doing it wrong.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I just think tourists want to see a stags head coming out the wall, an open fire and a bit of tartan when they visit the highlands, and for this reason I think Inverness is doing it wrong.

Oh I got the tartan carpet thing...I just was amused by 'a highland feel'...and thought it akin to 'blowing a gael'.

15 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

I'm off up to Huntly in a couple of weeks, anywhere for a decent pint of the ale?

Grimbo

Boaby will be along shortly to review the closed pubs.

I've only ever been to The Castle Hotel with my maw and weans for lunch.  Tartan carpets as I recall and a decent plate of soup.  Nice location, though.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

FFS throbber. Supermik nearly got blinded and you're discussing a choice of pubs. 

Seriously though, that sounds brutal Supermik. Hope you're not too traumatised by the whole affair. 

9 hours ago, supermik said:

100% accident. Trying to clear a stubborn blocked drain, I was holding the pipe and other guy was pouring the acid drain cleaner down the pipe. Acid suddenly fizzed back, we both tried to get out the way and the bottle was dropped. It exploded like a Coke bottle laced with Mentos. Got big splash on forehead and the liquid ran down my face. Have never screamed so much in my life at the pain. If it hadnt been for the other guy pouring loads of water on my face then I have no doubt that I would have been blinded. Utter agony for 4 straight hours. It was like somebody holding a blowtorch in my face.Got a wee trip in an ambulance with all the lights and sirens going. My clothes were full of holes burned through them, even my glasses melted as they fell off into the puddle of acid on the floor. Had 3 litres of wter poured into each eye at hospital. Ended up with burns over most of my face but luckily most turned out to be not too serious due to the quick action of being soaked in water. Still feel sorry for the poor girl that was in the house when it happened. One of the worst things was not being able to see the damage done to my face at first. The paramedic told me that things looked very serious and the immediate thought was Simon Weston. It was a scary time.

Fuckin hell, the waiting to see if you had a melted face must've been horrendous.

Please don't take that long to get to the main part of a story again though please.