Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyone had a contract phone go tits up with months left? The Mrs's phone has stopped working and it's going to cost £300 apparently. She has 22 months left. Something doesn't sit right that she has 22 months left of a contract yet she has to fork out all that money to fix it rather than them doing it. Feels like they have supplied a product that doesn't work. Surely it should be on them to resolve.

Anyone had a similar problem?

£300 to fix it?! Fire it in to one of the local repair shops instead.

If they can't do it then surely she can get a second hand one for half of the repair cost.

What sort of phone is it?

When did she get it? With that amount left I'm thinking a two year deal - should have a 12 month manufacturer's warranty. 
I'm not sure. She has 22 months left but she's had it longer than 2 months. It's been sent away so it may well have the manufacturer warranty as you say.
£300 to fix it?! Fire it in to one of the local repair shops instead.
If they can't do it then surely she can get a second hand one for half of the repair cost.
What sort of phone is it?
Apparently her and my mum were pulling my leg about the price. Arseholes.

is there an easy way to find out any beer gardens that are open near me and ideally what time they're open to with the licencing? Glasgow area, west end/city centre ideally. Pal wants to go out this weekend so I'm hoping we can get a decent day of drink in on Saturday, going by the news at least a few pubs n' eateries are back in business so long as you give them your contact info going in.

Would prefer to avoid Wetherspoons but if that's the only option I'll suggest it to him at least...

Tried some basic google searches but I'm not sure how accurate the google map search has been (says one or two near me are still temporarily closed but I went past them earlier and they looked like they're open, i'll check again on Saturday to see if the results are different)

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be superb. Can live with a reasonably early finish since my pal will prolly need to grab a late train back up the road anyway. Not sure what like it'll be for queue's for getting served at the bar/going to the pisser, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Will of course be Covigilant while I'm out and wash hands thoroughly, maybe take a bottle of hand gel out etc. Will also try never ever use the word Covigilant again.

20 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

is there an easy way to find out any beer gardens that are open near me and ideally what time they're open to with the licencing? Glasgow area, west end/city centre ideally. Pal wants to go out this weekend so I'm hoping we can get a decent day of drink in on Saturday, going by the news at least a few pubs n' eateries are back in business so long as you give them your contact info going in.

Would prefer to avoid Wetherspoons but if that's the only option I'll suggest it to him at least...

Tried some basic google searches but I'm not sure how accurate the google map search has been (says one or two near me are still temporarily closed but I went past them earlier and they looked like they're open, i'll check again on Saturday to see if the results are different)

If anyone has any suggestions that'd be superb. Can live with a reasonably early finish since my pal will prolly need to grab a late train back up the road anyway. Not sure what like it'll be for queue's for getting served at the bar/going to the pisser, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Will of course be Covigilant while I'm out and wash hands thoroughly, maybe take a bottle of hand gel out etc. Will also try never ever use the word Covigilant again.

No. First 5 words reply.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/glasgow-pubs-bars-reopening-indoors-18593730

https://www.whatsonglasgow.co.uk/eating-and-drinking/beer-gardens/

Check the names establishments' social media.

Along similar lines, there's an app called 'Neverspoons' that notes independent pubs near each Wetherspoons.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53363826

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

I might need to get a taxi the morra - I take it you're alright as long as your wearing a mask? 

Was in a shop this morning and a guy shuffled up to the same shelf of stuff i was looking at without wearing a mask.  I asked if he was aware of the mask-wearing requirements within shops and he wheezed back that he didn't need to as he has COPD.  Looked a jakie type as well.

To answer your question, try telling the driver you have COPD if you don't want to wear one.  Otherwise, do the right thing my friend. 

4 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Was in a shop this morning and a guy shuffled up to the same shelf of stuff i was looking at without wearing a mask.  I asked if he was aware of the mask-wearing requirements within shops and he wheezed back that he didn't need to as he has COPD.  Looked a jakie type as well.

To answer your question, try telling the driver you have COPD if you don't want to wear one.  Otherwise, do the right thing my friend. 

Sounds like he was more familiar with COPFS* to me

*Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Sounds like he was more familiar with COPFS* to me

*Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service

You may be correct on that point as well.  It was the grey trackie bottoms, T-shirt & the rather protruding George Melly sticking out on a guy in his, and i'm guessing here, mid-fifties that made up the whole package.   

48 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I'll have masks with me, and no problem wearing one -  just wondered if there may be any other measures or etiquette involved.

One of the best reasons for wearing a mask when out and about shopping and that is to show respect and solidarity with folk who are out there making a living serving folk. 

People who've been serving me genuinely seem to appreciate it - probably mainly because there are still some ignorant arses who won't wear a mask.  

8 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Just had a message from my football team saying we're able to train now as long as social distancing is maintained, is this accurate?

It's never been a problem for me.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Just had a message from my football team saying we're able to train now as long as social distancing is maintained, is this accurate?

Not before 31 July

• Non-essential offices and call centres can re-open following implementation of relevant guidance (including on physical distancing). Working from home and working flexibly remain the default
  • Live events (outdoors) with physical distancing and restricted numbers. Note: this broad category is under review to determine which types of events are safe to resume slightly earlier
  • Live events (indoors) – with physical distancing and restricted numbers
  • Bingo halls (with physical distancing)
  • Other indoor live-entertainment venues (e.g. theatres, music venues)
  • Indoor gyms (with physical distancing and enhanced hygiene measures)
  • Outdoor contact sports (organised for adults and informal for all ages)

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-framework-decision-making-scotlands-route-map-through-out-crisis-phase-3-update/pages/8/

That's all I could find.

7 hours ago, hearthammer said:

You may be correct on that point as well.  It was the grey trackie bottoms, T-shirt & the rather protruding George Melly sticking out on a guy in his, and i'm guessing here, mid-fifties that made up the whole package.   

Considering the number of jaikies still walking about seemingly unaffected by Covid 19 have researchers considered the anti viral properties of methadone, smack, Buckfast and Superlager?

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Considering the number of jaikies still walking about seemingly unaffected by Covid 19 have researchers considered the anti viral properties of methadone, smack, Buckfast and Superlager?

Social distancing from such people was around before anyone had even heard of Covid 19.

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You’re good to go:

F87EBAB0-A892-46D9-A38C-B0BB33423BC8.jpeg

First image like that I've seen without a narrative along the lines of "Sally, who can only carry buckets with one arm due to her amputation, comes here to collect untreated water for her family every day whilst her brother Tom, who dreams of going to school, is forced to dig an irrigation system to supply food for his village". 

Edited by Hedgecutter