Quick Question Thread

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bought a small item on e-bay that should have arrived by post on Tuesday but hasn’t.  They payment is showing on my credit card account.

The item is not showing on my e-bay account and neither is it showing on my PayPal account.  I cannot query it on either as you need to click on the order or payment to query it on either accounts.

Anyone experience something similar?

So the payment isn't showing up on your eBay or PayPal accounts, and you still haven't worked out this was a dream?

Was the item a souvenir 2022 Dundee United World Cup Winners replica top?

21 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So the payment isn't showing up on your eBay or PayPal accounts, and you still haven't worked out this was a dream?

Was the item a souvenir 2022 Dundee United World Cup Winners replica top?

It’s on my credit card statement as a PayPal payment.  It’s a weird one, possibly worrying.

It’s not beyond the possibility that I have a different old e-bay and PayPal account but they wouldn’t be linked to the e-mail account that I ordered the item from and was sent the acknowledgment to.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It’s on my credit card statement as a PayPal payment.  It’s a weird one, possibly worrying.

It’s not beyond the possibility that I have a different old e-bay and PayPal account but they wouldn’t be linked to the e-mail account that I ordered the item from and was sent the acknowledgment to.

It should come up on your credit card statement with a long PayPal transaction number. That should help you find it on your PayPal account.

Unless...did you pay from your PayPal account, which then debited the money from your credit card, or did you use the function on eBay to pay directly from your credit card using PayPal? Not sure if that would show up on your PayPal account, nor whether you'd get a transaction number from them, as I've never done that before.

As for the item no longer showing up on eBay, that sometimes happens when eBay cancel the transaction because they've had complaints about illegal or immoral activity. Not that I'm casting aspersions or anything (I totally am). You should still have received a confirmation email from eBay with the details?

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bought a small item on e-bay that should have arrived by post on Tuesday but hasn’t.  They payment is showing on my credit card account.

The item is not showing on my e-bay account and neither is it showing on my PayPal account.  I cannot query it on either as you need to click on the order or payment to query it on either accounts.

Anyone experience something similar?

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

What was the item? 

438344E2-7926-4F14-97C0-03B8ACFAFC1F.jpeg

I've been wondering that. YouTube's full of adverts for it right now, which seem designed to put people off using it.

Just looks like Vine to me, a platform for shitty short videos, and that didn't last long. The wean tells me it's used by idiots and teenage girls, which may pique the interest of a few posters.

Bit heavy for QQT but here goes:

My pals dad died recently unfortunately due to the current restrictions I have been unable to properly speak to him and give him a huge hug however we were talking a while back and before his dad died he was going to get a tattoo of a dolphin to remind him of his dad who had his troubles. Is it a good idea to get my pal a voucher to get this done? And does anyone know of a place who does vouchers for tattoos in the East Lothian-is area. Cheers.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've been wondering that. YouTube's full of adverts for it right now, which seem designed to put people off using it.

Just looks like Vine to me, a platform for shitty short videos, and that didn't last long. The wean tells me it's used by idiots and teenage girls, which may pique the interest of a few posters.

Very harsh on Vine.

4 hours ago, 101 said:

Bit heavy for QQT but here goes:

My pals dad died recently unfortunately due to the current restrictions I have been unable to properly speak to him and give him a huge hug however we were talking a while back and before his dad died he was going to get a tattoo of a dolphin to remind him of his dad who had his troubles. Is it a good idea to get my pal a voucher to get this done? And does anyone know of a place who does vouchers for tattoos in the East Lothian-is area. Cheers.

Sorry to hear that, but was your friends' dad a dolphin?

8 hours ago, 101 said:

does anyone know of a place who does vouchers for tattoos in the East Lothian-is area. Cheers.

I've just had a quick look at Google. Rock n Roll are in Musselburgh so they're always excellent. The Dundee shop have a sale on with half price vouchers (£50 gets you £100 etc) so I'd recommend them. White Ward looks alright if your mate is a hipster and would get an illustrative or 'traditional' piece. David Jai Kay looks like he does some very decent work. Bit too close to being named Jakey for my liking. 

On another note - how the f**k is Brass Buddha getting 5 star reviews? Their work is fucking awful on the pictures. Holy shit. 

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Sorry to hear that, but was your friends' dad a dolphin?

Nah, he said it's something to do with everyone has their own struggle or something like that.

3 hours ago, Dele said:

I've just had a quick look at Google. Rock n Roll are in Musselburgh so they're always excellent. The Dundee shop have a sale on with half price vouchers (£50 gets you £100 etc) so I'd recommend them. White Ward looks alright if your mate is a hipster and would get an illustrative or 'traditional' piece. David Jai Kay looks like he does some very decent work. Bit too close to being named Jakey for my liking. 

On another note - how the f**k is Brass Buddha getting 5 star reviews? Their work is fucking awful on the pictures. Holy shit. 

Cheers for that