Quick Question Thread

On 07/05/2023 at 20:20, Molotov said:

You don’t think it’s a bit odd as a Rangers fan to criticise what kids wear to a women’s champions league semi final clash?

After my wee yin told me she wouldn't sit with me unless I left my UJ bowler in the car I felt I'd earned the right...

I turned down a new job opportunity late last year to stay where I am, they offered me better terms and the workload has improved, and I feel valued much more than previous.

The opportunity has come around again (it wasn't public last time) and they've tentatively reached out again. Its more of the same, but closer to home and my direct team will likely be in the office instead of in a different country as is the case. 

Should I speak to them out of curiosity? It was a difficult decision last time to turn them down,  they're a growing company and just had some incredible investment, so no long term worries (neither at my current role). 

If I stay around another year or two, I might get involved in helping my current employer go public, which would be a worthwhile experience for me..yet I'm still drawn to looking elsewhere. 

Not sure what to do. 

26 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I turned down a new job opportunity late last year to stay where I am, they offered me better terms and the workload has improved, and I feel valued much more than previous.

The opportunity has come around again (it wasn't public last time) and they've tentatively reached out again. Its more of the same, but closer to home and my direct team will likely be in the office instead of in a different country as is the case. 

Should I speak to them out of curiosity? It was a difficult decision last time to turn them down,  they're a growing company and just had some incredible investment, so no long term worries (neither at my current role). 

If I stay around another year or two, I might get involved in helping my current employer go public, which would be a worthwhile experience for me..yet I'm still drawn to looking elsewhere. 

Not sure what to do. 

Yes, speak to them.

Until there's a firm job offer on the table you don't need to make any decisions, so no harm in finding out more at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Not sure what to do. 

Definitely worth a chat to at least satisfy your curiosity and find out for sure exactly what their long term plan is for the post and the company in general etc, compared to your current place. It's the only way to find out 100% if it's something you'd really want to pursue at this stage and no need to commit or jump ship if you're not totally convinced. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Not sure what to do. 

Grant Brennan found.

On 08/05/2023 at 10:47, Fuctifano said:

Trying to waste less food so have come round to the idea of making soup with veg that would otherwise go in the bin. 

Problem is the veg left over every week varies so struggling to find a consistent flavouring, are there any spices or herbs anyone would recommend (on top of stock and salt and pepper obvs) to make it not too bland?

I have an immersion blender so texture isn't an issue. 

If you've a lot of sweet veg in there, particularly root veg, caraway seed is the boy (about 1/2 tsp/litre). 

If you've got a lot of Mediterranean type, fruity veg in there (aubergine, courgette, tomato etc) i'd suggest a handful of fresh herbs, woody ones from the start or soft ones at the end. 

Agree with @Brother Blades, you can't go wrong with cumin