Quick Question Thread

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Aye will probs mention to the sparky maintenance guy next time i see him, its not the worst problem given it corrects itself

Hopefully its not a wiring problem downstairs as some of the kitchen plugs are under the units, meaning i need to take apart the unit bottom parts and they are a c**t to take out and put back in again

Get an electrician to carry out portable appliance testing, it's almost certain that something on it's own or collectively is causing it.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Get an electrician to carry out portable appliance testing, it's almost certain that something on it's own or collectively is causing it.

Is that a PAT test? 

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

HTH

PAT Testing can't be done on ATM Machines

Which won’t work unless you’ve a PIN number. 

Spoiler

Oh ffs I’m boring myself now. 

Mind when Grimbo's hoose burnt down and he was left potless so there was a crowdfund started (he never started it) and then used the money to do up a second house he was letting out knowingly with dodgy wiring?

This is like an alternate view.

BBC changed their website a few weeks ago.

now i can't find 'Scotland Sport'

I can only see 4 stories on the main Scotland Page. No clickable sports section.

Am I being thick?

5 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

BBC changed their website a few weeks ago.

now i can't find 'Scotland Sport'

I can only see 4 stories on the main Scotland Page. No clickable sports section.

Am I being thick?

No. I deleted their app off my phone months ago after they changed the layout. Its absolutely terrible.

Edited by Swarley

1 minute ago, Swarley said:

No. I deleted their app off my phone months ago after they changed the layout. Its absolutely terrible.

But, I want to know about Jota and Kent.

I agree it's a fucking mess, like heroin I've got to see what the Jocks are up to now and again. 

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

thank you, but where is this clickable on the website?

It’s the BBC Sport web site home page, at right hand side select more and it brings up this menu

IMG_1969.png

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

thank you, but where is this clickable on the website?

If you go to Scotland news section then click Sport on that page, that should work.

It's all about Rangers women ATM though so wouldn't bother

28 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

If you go to Scotland news section then click Sport on that page, that should work.

It's all about Rangers women ATM though so wouldn't bother

nope, there is is no clickable sport option. there is the word 'sport' but you can't click it.

you can only click the 5 stories below.

24 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

nope, there is is no clickable sport option. there is the word 'sport' but you can't click it.

you can only click the 5 stories below.

I just took a look - 

If you go to "BBC News home page" then click on "Sport" just under the BBC Logo in the middle of the upper part of the page you will get the Sport page - from there on the right there is the "More" option - that will open up another page and there is a section "More from Sport" and you can then click on "Scotland" - that will take you to a page with a load of Scottish Sport news - all clickable.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Rangers women ATM

Thank you for that horrifying mental image, you b*****d.

Two questions:

• is @SlipperyP a shared account? He doesn't half go back and forth between cogent messages and the confusing pidgin and music videos that we've all come to know and love.
  • How does one properly refer to PAT testing? You can say "I'm going to the ATM" or "just enter your PIN", but "we need to call someone to do PAT" doesn't really work without the redundancy.