Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to take out life assurance which covers you regardless of where in the world you are resident and if so which companies provide this?

I have no idea about how good or otherwise this company is but anyway, they do provide what you're looking for.

https://www.internationalinsurance.com/life-insurance/

44 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to take out life assurance which covers you regardless of where in the world you are resident and if so which companies provide this?

This strikes me as a post that will one day be read out in court. 

1. Takes life insurance out on a spouse
  2. Takes said spouse on a holiday abroad where the police are a bit relaxed about crime and stuff
  3. Bumps off said spouse
  4. Collects cash
  5. Arrested when P&B posts resurface 3 years later

49 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Might exclude Switzerland, especially if you have booked a one way ticket.....................

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

2. Takes said spouse on a holiday abroad where the police are a bit relaxed about crime and stuff
  3. Bumps off said spouse
  4. Collects cash

I hear Tenerife is lovely this time of year 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

3. Bumps off said spouse
  4. Collects cash

Will I be considered as an accessory seeing as I passed on the name of an insurance provider? 

31 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Will I be considered as an accessory seeing as I passed on the name of an insurance provider? 

Slip Div a fiver and ask him to delete any incriminating posts from the server.

57 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

3. Bumps off said spouse
  4. Collects cash

52 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Might exclude Switzerland, especially if you have booked a one way ticket.....................

51 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I hear Tenerife is lovely this time of year 

51 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The whole Peruvian toilet paper thing has taken a dark turn…

One for the car enthusiasts/mechanics 

@RandomGuy.

On my car (but not all cars I don't think, never seen it before) there is a round sheet metal plate/guard looking thing in behind the brake discs on the front wheels. I assume it is either some sort of heat deflector, or some sort of guard to stop shite getting in about the brakes. 

Anyway, mines broke loose and was making a horrific noise rattling in around the wheel so I have removed it completely. 

Any issues with this? 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@RandomGuy.

On my car (but not all cars I don't think, never seen it before) there is a round sheet metal plate/guard looking thing in behind the brake discs on the front wheels. I assume it is either some sort of heat deflector, or some sort of guard to stop shite getting in about the brakes. 

Anyway, mines broke loose and was making a horrific noise rattling in around the wheel so I have removed it completely. 

Any issues with this? 

Nah you're fine. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You have an idea what the thing is for, out of interest? 

Just stopping water/shite hitting the back of your disk when you're driving. Just called a "backplate" if you're wanting to Google it.

They're a pain in the arse really, they just fall out and rattle/scrape or trap stones between themselves and the disk. They're only essential if it's part of brake drums (which you won't have on the front of your car) or if you're one of those anal weirdos who thinks everything on a car is "there for a reason".

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just stopping water/shite hitting the back of your disk when you're driving. Just called a "backplate" if you're wanting to Google it.

They're a pain in the arse really, they just fall out and rattle/scrape or trap stones between themselves and the disk. They're only essential if it's part of brake drums (which you won't have on the front of your car) or if you're one of those anal weirdos who thinks everything on a car is "there for a reason".

Sound cheers. It's going in this week to get brakes done anyway but as long as its not an MOT fail il happily live without it 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Sound cheers. It's going in this week to get brakes done anyway but as long as its not an MOT fail il happily live without it 

Yeah it won't fail, depending on the tester they might advise its missing but that's it.

11 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm fully expecting exclusions for typhoid, cholera and Hep A!

The same "bag yer @rse wipes" story applies on Crete.  

Now heading for the finals of the potential "What makes you aspirational middle class when you're on holiday" thread, but Mrs Salt and Vinegar packed a supply of scented nappy sacks to deal with that "bin it" rule.

The cleaners' jobs are hard enough (cue Kenneth in Doctor's uniform) without having to deal with the consequences of holiday food and copious quantities of lager and raki!

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

@RandomGuy.

Any issues with this? 

ach, you'll be fine

italianjob.jpg.a374e0a0d0957f0546417016dcc13d3b.jpg