Quick Question Thread

I have an old TV with a moulded plug. One of the pins of the plug has snapped off.

How safe is it to cut the wire, fix it to a new (non-moulded) plug, put a new fuse in and just use that?

I have an old TV with a moulded plug. One of the pins of the plug has snapped off.

How safe is it to cut the wire, fix it to a new (non-moulded) plug, put a new fuse in and just use that?

As long as you're not planning on cutting the old plug off while it's still plugged in, perfectly safe. I've done it plenty of times.

Am sure he played at the '98 World Cup too. Name rings another bell from the occasionaly reliable World Cup '98 game I have. Striker I think.

A Dundee Utd fan for whom the name Kevin Gallacher rings only the faintest of bells - despicable, even if you are but a foetus.

Forget the new plug just stick the wires directly into the holes in the wall socket. :blink:

post-17707-1259964832.jpg

My Games and Sports class were having a huge argument in Football yesterday. At the half way line someone handled the ball and it was a freekick, we scored from the freekick (went straight in no deflections) they were claiming that hand ball was an indirect freekick, but i seem to think not becasue if that was the case then whenever someone handles the ball in the box it wouldn't be a penalty it would be an indirect freekick.

Anyways my question is....If handball has been given is it a direct freekick or an indirect freekick??

Found a 9 carat gold ring, with seven 0.25 carat diamonds on it.

I know a bit about gold and its value(s), but nothing really about diamond value(s).

Any experts on here got any clue if I can make any significant cash out of this?

Depends very much on the colour and clarity of the diamonds. A good quality 0.25 carat diamond is probably about £150. Best thing to do is take it to Gallaghers, the jewellers, in Stirling - they sell diamonds and will tell you either the value of the ring or the intrinsic value of the diamonds.

See when they build wind-turbines, why do they build them so far apart?

I think you could double the energy produced by just building another one directly behind all of the ones that currently exist. The blades only move round and round, it's not like it's going to go fleeing backwards and crash into the new one. In fact, I'd just build them all in a massive line, with a metre or two in between.

The turbines disrupt the flow of air, so you need to space them out to improve efficiency.

My Games and Sports class were having a huge argument in Football yesterday. At the half way line someone handled the ball and it was a freekick, we scored from the freekick (went straight in no deflections) they were claiming that hand ball was an indirect freekick, but i seem to think not becasue if that was the case then whenever someone handles the ball in the box it wouldn't be a penalty it would be an indirect freekick.

Anyways my question is....If handball has been given is it a direct freekick or an indirect freekick??

Direct, for the reasons you stated.

How many Scotland fans went to Japan in October there?

430 official tickets, would guess a couple hundred more than that actually travelled. Or 20,000 according to Clyde Newcomer.

Has a footballer ever transferred directly from Rangers to Celtic, or vice-versa?

Don't think so. The closest thing is probably Mo Johnston in that Celtic thought they had signed him and paraded him at Parkheid wearing the hoops only for him to 'defect' to Ibrox soon afterwards.

Anyway, back to these wind turbines. Why do I often seem to see them completely motionless when there is a bit of wind around. Are they turned on and off quite regularly for some reason? Seems to kind of defeat the purpose.

See when you're cooking two things in one oven, and they're to be cooked at different temperatures, what do you do? Say you've got something to be cooked at 220 for 18 minutes and another thing as part of the same meal to be cooked at 180 for 12 minutes.

I sometimes face this quandary if I'm having mates round and heating up pizza and garlic bread or chips (nothing but the finest when you come to mine for Friday night beers)

At the moment I would set the oven to 180 and cook the higher temp item for longer than 18 minutes to avoid burning or not cooking properly the lower temp item. But I don't know if this is right.