Quick Question Thread

Buying a 'dark suit' for my graduation tomorrow. Looking to get one that will also be useful for interviews ect.

Where's a decent place to get one? Reasonably priced and reasonable quality.

Slaters would always be my answer to a suit related question.

Cheers. I have been recommended them by someone else so definitely going to have a browse.

They do suit fittings and the like, however I think that normally means that you have to come back and collect it on a different day and by the looks of things, you don't have time for that.

I think M&S do reasonable quality suits at competitive prices as well, though fitting/quality is likely to be worse than one from Slaters. I doubt anyone would notice much difference unless they were a suit snob (if there is such a thing)

Buying a 'dark suit' for my graduation tomorrow. Looking to get one that will also be useful for interviews ect.

Where's a decent place to get one? Reasonably priced and reasonable quality.

Tesco. You'll get one for under £50 and it'll look fine.

They do suit fittings and the like, however I think that normally means that you have to come back and collect it on a different day and by the looks of things, you don't have time for that.

I think M&S do reasonable quality suits at competitive prices as well, though fitting/quality is likely to be worse than one from Slaters. I doubt anyone would notice much difference unless they were a suit snob (if there is such a thing)

If you go in to Slaters at lunchtime, they will usually make any adjustments that afternoon if you tell them that you're only in Glasgow for the day.

Edited to say - If you're still in Cowden, you might be pushed to get to Glasgow in time today.

Edited by lichtgilphead

I'm going to Slaters in Edinburgh as I live just outside the capital. Going up tomorrow but don't need the suit till the 29th so I have a bit of time.

Must be a bloody long journey

Has anyone ever had to see a chiropodist? I've fucked up one of my big toenails playing football. Normally when this happens it either grows out or falls off. This one is more a "half and half" and it's split right across the middle, causing quite a bit of pain.

I've phoned a local private place and they're wanting £30 to look at it. Can I go to my doc and get it done on the NHS? Or would it have grown back in 3 times over by then?

Is there any easy way to send a message to multiple people on Facebook?

Yeah, when you hit "Create a New Message" and it has the "To:" box, start typing a name and it gives you the little drop down with your friends names. Choose the one you want, and then just start typing the next person's name, and it should just keep on going until you've added everyone you want.

That worked out quite well in the end, thanks.

new question to the world, is there any access to cheap qualifications courses in the Glasgow area? Y'know, things like food hygienecertificates and for bar work. There's an SIA course next week but it's £150 unless funded, and I don't think i'd meet the criteria. Any useful thoughts?

That worked out quite well in the end, thanks.

new question to the world, is there any access to cheap qualifications courses in the Glasgow area? Y'know, things like food hygienecertificates and for bar work. There's an SIA course next week but it's £150 unless funded, and I don't think i'd meet the criteria. Any useful thoughts?

Contact Glasgow Regeneration Agency

I got a first aid certificate and a food hygiene certificate through there for free as part of a course I was on, both of them are the basic qualifications, mind. I don't know if they do more advanced ones too. I've also applied for a person licence to help find and do bar work, and that should be free for me, even though I've finished the course.

You should contact them anyway.