Quick Question Thread

Eye tests: are they free, if so where or how much are they otherwise?

I have excellent vision but it's all due to one eye, my right eye is shit and I genuinely don't know if this is a recent change or not. Maybe I have to wear an eye patch on the other one and use it until it shapes up. :(

Edited by vikingTON

Eye tests: are they free, if fo where or how much are they otherwise?

I have excellent vision but it's all due to one eye, my right eye is shit and I genuinely don't know if this is a recent change or not. Maybe I have to wear an eye patch on the other one and use it until it shapes up. :(

Eye tests are free, retest after two years IIRC.

If it's that bad, get yourself to the infirmary.

Or, you have designs on being a pirate.

Or, your eye is trying to give up smoking.

You could change your username to pirateTon.

Not really excellent is it then..

Advice please.

MY washing machine broke last week, during a cycle it started moving forward, on further inspection it was clear that the drum was moving backwards are forwards during the cycle pushing the machine out.

Currently I rent my property so I phoned the estate agent, they contacted my landlord and he decided to pay for an engineer from indesit to come out and look at the machine. I returned home tonight to a voicemail stating the engineer thinks that it was the 2x 2p coins found when he took out the drum that has buggered the machine. Consequently, the landlord isn't prepaired to fork out the £202 to fix the machine.

Personally I am very suspicious that It would cost this amount to fix(as the machine cost around 250).

Questions:- How easy is the washing machine to fix? Suggestions as to what might be wrong? What holds the drum in position to spin? Is my lardlord behaving fairly?

Advice please.

MY washing machine broke last week, during a cycle it started moving forward, on further inspection it was clear that the drum was moving backwards are forwards during the cycle pushing the machine out.

Currently I rent my property so I phoned the estate agent, they contacted my landlord and he decided to pay for an engineer from indesit to come out and look at the machine. I returned home tonight to a voicemail stating the engineer thinks that it was the 2x 2p coins found when he took out the drum that has buggered the machine. Consequently, the landlord isn't prepaired to fork out the £202 to fix the machine.

Personally I am very suspicious that It would cost this amount to fix(as the machine cost around 250).

Questions:- How easy is the washing machine to fix? Suggestions as to what might be wrong? What holds the drum in position to spin? Is my lardlord behaving fairly?

The coins would not have been found in the drum but in the pump which is easy to remove and clean out,Our washing machine did exactly the same thing a few months ago and even i managed to fix it and DIY SOS is made for me :ph34r:

Your landlord is chancing it.

Is it possible to buy a ticket for one day of TITP (e.g. the Saturday), including a bus ticket? As you can probably guess I've never tried to get tickets before, so I'm a fucking noob at this.

Is it possible to buy a ticket for one day of TITP (e.g. the Saturday), including a bus ticket? As you can probably guess I've never tried to get tickets before, so I'm a fucking noob at this.

You do realise that it's passed.

Oh, sorry, not that L4L.

You do realise that it's passed.

Oh, sorry, not that L4L.

Already planning for next year's, hoping to get some tickets when they go on sale tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Disregard my last two posts, just saw day tickets aren't on sale tomorrow, camping only.

Edited by Livi 4 Life

Theres probably a better thread but anyway. I've been listening to audiobooks in the garden when the suns shining. Anyone recommend me a good read/listen?

Just finished Chris Ryans 'The Watchman'. I love those kind of fiction books.

Ask Dundeebarry to make an audiobook of the leigh griffiths blog. Now that would be entertaining. :lol: