Quick Question Thread

It is though. Why are so many 'junior' fans getting so upset about what he said? He's kinda right, the Junior Section has a huge amount of illiterate posters.

This is true,but stating that junior football is a bunch of thugs kicking each other is the mark of someone who has never been to a junior game.I would much rather read the junior forum than the garbage in this forum,that usually ends up with ,verge of tears,scrambling for relevance,seething etc.

According to wikipedia, Adam Coakley has 5 goals in 3 games. It's safe to say that the junior's is pish as he's the worst footballer I've ever seen.

A rare moment of agreement between myself and a Clyde fan...

Junior fans and their teams are big, one-eyed fish in a puddle. Having pumped the likes of Stranraer by 8 goals this season, and seeing what Livingston did at Irvine, I'd love to draw a Junior side to wipe the floor with them.

I like going to Junior football. It's a pleasant change being able to bring a carryout, piss on the terracing and stand next to a man with a three legged dog on a piece of string. Bliss.

That sounds like going to the Norseman for a pint.

It is though. Why are so many 'junior' fans getting so upset about what he said? He's kinda right, the Junior Section has a huge amount of illiterate posters.

You might be surprised at how many of the " illiterates" can spell "embarrassing " correctly though. :)

I started as a student in September and have still been getting taxed on my earnings from work. I was under the impression students still had to pay national insurance but didn't get taxed, hence the term 'tax dodgers'. Any help would be much appreciated!

Student's get taxed exactly the same as normal workers. No difference.

Student's are usually refered to as "tax dodgers" because they don't get taxed on their loans and bursaries

I started as a student in September and have still been getting taxed on my earnings from work. I was under the impression students still had to pay national insurance but didn't get taxed, hence the term 'tax dodgers'. Any help would be much appreciated!

As has been said, there's no inherent difference between students and everyone else. If you earn money you get taxed.

However - if you're only doing a part-time job and for the whole of the tax year (explained later) 2011-2012 you expect to earn less than £7,475, you can complete a P38 form from HMRC to say that your earnings won't go over the personal allowance and you won't be deducted tax.

Now, I say for the whole of the tax year for one reason - you say you started being a student in September. If your earnings between April and September were already more than the personal allowance, you're correctly being taxed.

I have a question about UCAS. I realize it would probably be more appropriate in the uni thread, but i cant find it.

I left school in the summer, so I'm applying independently. I've just started my application, and the deadline is the 15th. You have to get a reference from a teacher, and this is where the problem lies. My school shut in the summer, and moved into a newly built building with another school, under a new name. On top of that my guidence teacher also retired.

Should I get in contact with the new school? Will they help me out? Have I left it too late to get a response? Could I borrow a reference made about one of my mates by a teacher, and change it around to fit me, given that we were all taught the same subject by this teacher for a good 3 or so years, have similar qualifications, course choices and career aspirations?

OR, am I fucked?

Edited by McKee

I have a question about UCAS. I realize it would probably be more appropriate in the uni thread, but i cant find it.

I left school in the summer, so I'm applying independently. I've just started my application, and the deadline is the 15th. You have to get a reference from a teacher, and this is where the problem lies. My school shut in the summer, and moved into a newly built building with another school, under a new name. On top of that my guidence teacher also retired.

Should I get in contact with the new school? Will they help me out? Have I left it too late to get a response? Could I borrow a reference made about one of my mates by a teacher, and change it around to fit me, given that we were all taught the same subject by this teacher for a good 3 or so years, have similar qualifications, course choices and career aspirations?

OR, am I fucked?

Quite an exciting situation you've gotten yourself into. Let me know how it turns out. smile.gif

OR, am I fucked?

Can't you just go and see one of your old teachers from last year? The school might have shut, but that doesn't mean their memories were all wiped.

Guest The Phoenix

Can't you just go and see one of your old teachers from last year? The school might have shut, but that doesn't mean their memories were all wiped.

Happy Niew Year - I agree with xbl! :D

McKee, if you know where any of your teachers live, just contact them direct and ask if it's ok to put them down as a reference.

With regards to their contact details show their home address but make a note of the school they work or worked at.

Could I borrow a reference made about one of my mates by a teacher, and change it around to fit me, given that we were all taught the same subject by this teacher for a good 3 or so years, have similar qualifications, course choices and career aspirations?

OR, am I fucked?

I'm thinking you shouldn't bother applying anyway if that's how your mind works. :lol: