Quick Question Thread

I have an interview for an Electrician Apprenticeship next week. It says I have to "complete a paper questionnaire and a practical test".

What does this practical test consist of?

It may be just to establish if you have decent eye to hand coordination, maybe ask you to wire a plug or something.

Is the apprenticeship at Dens Park?

Anyone use a radio frequency thing for their car, the ones that allow you to connect your iPod to the car stereo??

If so are they any good??

Does that even make sense.

Griffin iTrip

Got one of these and it works very well, though find it works better if you have your ipod upside down. By that I mean I sit my ipod in one of the drinks holders next to the gearstick and if you have it sitting the right way up with the itrip in the bottom it gets affected by bumps on the road more. Does that make sense? :blink:

Not been for a while (a year) but it certainly never used to be a problem

I havn't been in about a year either but it wasn't a problem then. I might head up to Castle Park on my day off, on Tuesday, now and hit a few balls.

I need to get my blackberry repaired, will i need to bring anything with me to the shop when i bring it in?

edit to add: it is still under warranty.

When my blackberry died I took it to the virgin shop (who my contract is with) and they told me to phone the customer care number and arrange it with them. They sent me some bubble wrap, a box and a prepaid postage bag along with a description of what was wrong with the phone which I had to sign and put in the bag with my phone. I only sent the phone, no back, battery or memory card and I backed up everything on my phone to my computer then reset it to factory settings.

When my blackberry died I took it to the virgin shop (who my contract is with) and they told me to phone the customer care number and arrange it with them. They sent me some bubble wrap, a box and a prepaid postage bag along with a description of what was wrong with the phone which I had to sign and put in the bag with my phone. I only sent the phone, no back, battery or memory card and I backed up everything on my phone to my computer then reset it to factory settings.

the issue with mine is that the touchpad wont work so im hoping it can be fixed instore.

the issue with mine is that the touchpad wont work so im hoping it can be fixed instore.

That's what went wrong with mine as well, don't know about anywhere else but the virgin mobile guys wouldn't even look at it, just salesmen.

My phone couldn't be fixed so they sent me a reconditioned one to replace it which I plugged into my computer and uploaded my backed up info on to it. Although it's reconditioned it is like a new phone.

Just outside Gifford, aye? Good course there, mate's a member so I get to play quite cheaply.

Aye. Heading out of Gifford in that direction is lovely. On a clear day a walk in the Lammermuir hills is hard to beat. I used to go up the range quite a bit but I havn't been in ages. I was a member of Gifford itself so used to play there sometimes.

That's what went wrong with mine as well, don't know about anywhere else but the virgin mobile guys wouldn't even look at it, just salesmen.

My phone couldn't be fixed so they sent me a reconditioned one to replace it which I plugged into my computer and uploaded my backed up info on to it. Although it's reconditioned it is like a new phone.

I got mine from carphonewarhouse with it being on O2 so i have twice as much chance of them being able to fix itsad.gif

Is the law that anyone who looks under 25 in a supermarket must be ID'ed even if they're with someone well over 25, regardless if they're paying or not?

I was in ASDA there with my dad and bought booze, I look well under 25 and wasn't ID'ed at all (I always am if buying myself). Yet yesterday the same scenario, the woman only ID'ed me because I was paying. I thought if alcohol was being bought, if anyone was looking under 25 with the person buying, they'd be ID'ed also. What's the script.

Is the law that anyone who looks under 25 in a supermarket must be ID'ed even if they're with someone well over 25, regardless if they're paying or not?

I was in ASDA there with my dad and bought booze, I look well under 25 and wasn't ID'ed at all (I always am if buying myself). Yet yesterday the same scenario, the woman only ID'ed me because I was paying. I thought if alcohol was being bought, if anyone was looking under 25 with the person buying, they'd be ID'ed also. What's the script.

There's been a few times where I'd have been sold booze no bother but as soon as my younger brother makes an appearance then the two of us need to be ID'ed which sucks seeing as I never have any on me. He'd show his showing he's 23 and I'm obviously well older than him but does that change their mind to see a little common sense? Noooooo. dry.gif

Where in Dundee is there a pub called "The Barrels"? I've had a web search and drawn a blank.

The Hilltown.

It used to be called the Three Barrells.

I had a look again on the web and could only find The Barleycorn on Strathmartine Road, is this the pub in question?

Cheers to anyone in advance.