Quick Question Thread

Drivers - How much would 600 miles of petrol cost? It'll be in a Corsa and about 450 miles will be done on motorway and 150 on the standard road. (Lancashire to Torquay if this may help at all!?)

Might help?

Fuel Calculator

I did notice that Lancashire to Torquay is about the same distance as Lancashire to Brechin. Thought you were coming up to the Glebe for an annual jaunt at first! :D

Edited by Hedgecutter

Drivers - How much would 600 miles of petrol cost? It'll be in a Corsa and about 450 miles will be done on motorway and 150 on the standard road. (Lancashire to Torquay if this may help at all!?)

If you use the directions finder on google maps it calculates fuel costs automatically...

Whit? My other half went on a 30hr French course last year at Aberdeen College for one night a week and it didn't even cost her £200. It was cheap enough that I considered doing something similar for a laugh as she got a student card which entitled her to student discount all around Aberdeen.

Ok, it actually only cost her £40 for each course which lasted a few months (one evening a week).

Edited by Hedgecutter

Anyone know where I can buy old football boots that are not on sale anymore?

The Shopping Thread got me reminiscing and I have decided to buy the best boots I have ever had. Comfort and style all in one.

13092.jpg

I tried eBay but they only have the black version of them which are vastly inferior, in a non racist way.

Could someone with a knowledge of probability let me know the odds of picking three numbers correctly on a four ball lottery, with numbers between 1 and 30?

I've somehow managed it two weeks in a row and I'm wondering if it's some sort of groundbreaking feat or if it's stastically not that unlikely. Thanks.

Could someone with a knowledge of probability let me know the odds of picking three numbers correctly on a four ball lottery, with numbers between 1 and 30?

I've somehow managed it two weeks in a row and I'm wondering if it's some sort of groundbreaking feat or if it's stastically not that unlikely. Thanks.

Probability of doing it 1 week:

(1/30*1/29*1/28*1/27= 1/657720)*4=1/164430

Odds of doing 2 weeks in a row

(1/164430)^2=1/27037224900

I think thats right anyway, so statistically very unlikely.

When putting money in the bank, can it take a couple of days to appear in the account?

Did you go into the bank and physically give the teller the money? If so, it normally goes in instantly. If you've done it online, at the ATM or at the quick deposit it can take a bit longer.

I keep meaning to sign up to the Rovers lotto. Your success has inspired me to do it right now. If I don't win straight away then you I'm going to follow you about like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSTEqHxh3fI

Did you go into the bank and physically give the teller the money? If so, it normally goes in instantly. If you've done it online, at the ATM or at the quick deposit it can take a bit longer.

My mum did it as her work is next to my bank, most annoying thing is that its my birthday money so if ive lost it i'll be raging :lol:

Guest The Phoenix

My mum did it as her work is next to my bank, most annoying thing is that its my birthday money so if ive lost it i'll be raging :lol:

Nice pair of new shoes your mum's got.