Quick Question Thread

Chippy but not fish and chips!

Chipper it is, cheers! :D

Now the real toughie: black pudding, red pudding, haggis pocket or what? So many choices!!!

... or deep fried Easter egg??? :o

Edited by Hedgecutter

What's a Haggis Pocket?:unsure:

Well, it's probably not the formal name for it, if there even is one. Most places I see have fried haggis in a shape which could be mistaken as a sausage and spicy haggis in a pocket / pouch thing to differentiate between the two. The good chipper I frequent does the normal haggis in the pocket / pouch. Pouch would probably have been a better word actually. I'm bang on with 'chipper' though. :P

Probability of doing it 1 week:

(1/30*1/29*1/28*1/27= 1/657720)*4=1/164430

Odds of doing 2 weeks in a row

(1/164430)^2=1/27037224900

I think thats right anyway, so statistically very unlikely.

That's not right.

Could someone with a knowledge of probability let me know the odds of picking three numbers correctly on a four ball lottery, with numbers between 1 and 30?

I've somehow managed it two weeks in a row and I'm wondering if it's some sort of groundbreaking feat or if it's stastically not that unlikely. Thanks.

The odds of picking three correct balls in a four-ball lottery with 30 balls once is 1 in ~263.5. To do it twice is odds of 1 in ~69,437. It uses something called a Hypergeometric Distribution.

Well, it's probably not the formal name for it, if there even is one. Most places I see have fried haggis in a shape which could be mistaken as a sausage and spicy haggis in a pocket / pouch thing to differentiate between the two. The good chipper I frequent does the normal haggis in the pocket / pouch. Pouch would probably have been a better word actually. I'm bang on with 'chipper' though. :P

Sounds alright, never seeen it here though. Normally it's just the battered Haggis that looks like a sausage thing. Lovely.

Is there post tomorrow?

As far as I know it's only Monday there's no post. I could be wrong though.

The odds of picking three correct balls in a four-ball lottery with 30 balls once is 1 in ~263.5. To do it twice is odds of 1 in ~69,437. It uses something called a Hypergeometric Distribution.

That's great Gaz, thanks. The Rovers re-launched their Lotto a fortnight ago, and allowed online entries for the first time. I've been a runner up both weeks so far, last week I was by myself and this week I split the pot with eight others. I think if I go three weeks in a row their might be a technical issue...

Thanks to the other fella who took the time. I did think those numbers might be a little high. I'm lucky, but not that lucky!

That's great Gaz, thanks. The Rovers re-launched their Lotto a fortnight ago, and allowed online entries for the first time. I've been a runner up both weeks so far, last week I was by myself and this week I split the pot with eight others. I think if I go three weeks in a row their might be a technical issue...

Thanks to the other fella who took the time. I did think those numbers might be a little high. I'm lucky, but not that lucky!

I signed up on Wednesday, your odds just went down the stank.