Quick Question Thread

Anyone seen the film Antichrist? Had a wee Google and the reviews are fairly mixed. Sounds pretty fucking gruesome though.

It's on Film Four later and considering watching it.

If you're looking for a decent storyline i'd give it a miss. I quite enjoyed it, some of the bits in it are fucking brutal though. Worth a watch if there's nothing else on.

Anyone seen the film Antichrist? Had a wee Google and the reviews are fairly mixed. Sounds pretty fucking gruesome though.

It's on Film Four later and considering watching it.

One of those films that whatever you think about it once you start to watch it will suck you in and you will watch, car crash style at the whole thing.

Pretty devastated I watched that tbh.

Thought the 18 certificate was incredibly harsh. Could have got way with a PG or a 12a at a push IMO.

Knocked one out at the opening scene then fell asleep for an hour.^^^^^^^^

Edited by stimpy

I'm going to London on Monday 9th April. I'm flying from Glasgow Airport and the flight is at 10:25am, so I want to be at the airport for 9am (or thereabouts). What is the best way to get out to Glasgow Airport from the city centre, at that time?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to London on Monday 9th April. I'm flying from Glasgow Airport and the flight is at 10:25am, so I want to be at the airport for 9am (or thereabouts). What is the best way to get out to Glasgow Airport from the city centre, at that time?

Thanks in advance.

Think the bus is your best option. Should get you there no problem. Your only other method is a taxi, which will cost you four times as much, probably. The bus is really frequent and isn't too expensive at all.

Thanks in advance.

Train from Central to Paisley Gilmour St at 8:30, then the number 66 bus (leaves from right outside the station on Old Sneddon Street) to the airport. Bus leaves every 10 minutes or so and takes 15 minutes. Should get you there for 9 or just after and will ensure you miss any potential weirdness on the M8. Failing that just get the airport bus to go door-to-door but of course you're then at the mercy of traffic.

Think the bus is your best option. Should get you there no problem. Your only other method is a taxi, which will cost you four times as much, probably. The bus is really frequent and isn't too expensive at all.

Train from Central to Paisley Gilmour St at 8:30, then the number 66 bus (leaves from right outside the station on Old Sneddon Street) to the airport. Bus leaves every 10 minutes or so and takes 15 minutes. Should get you there for 9 or just after and will ensure you miss any potential weirdness on the M8. Failing that just get the airport bus to go door-to-door but of course you're then at the mercy of traffic.

I would get the train to paisley if you want to be there for 9, the westbound m8 is a nightmare in the morning and evening at the moment.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll opt for the train to Paisley then jump on the bus.

Heading down for a West Ham game so hopefully they don't get beat <_<

Ryanair - are they fine for a ~2 hour flight with only a cabin bag?

I'm needing to go to Valencia for a couple of days in June and they're by far and away the cheapest (next is SWISS with a bounce in Zurich for £100 more...).

Edited by The Master

Ryanair - are they fine for a ~2 hour flight with only a cabin bag?

I'm needing to go to Valencia for a couple of days in June and they're by far and away the cheapest (next is SWISS with a bounce in Zurich for £100 more...).

Absolutely fine, though they can be strict on the size of your cabin bag, so don't chance going much over the limits. You'll have to pay a card charge when you get the ticket which adds another £10-20. People whine about them, but it's no worse than a 2 hour bus ride.. Make sure you check in online and print out your boarding card, you should be able to do the return leg as well before you leave..

You can get a tube direct from the airport to the centre of Valencia if I remember right..

Edited by welshbairn

Thanks; that's more or less what I've been told from others, but I've been trying to get as many views as possible. But I've now gone ahead and booked before the fares go up any further.

I've flown EasyJet in the past and found them fine, so I can't imagine it can be that much worse since they both have the same cheap fares; squeeze every penny out of you ethos.

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll opt for the train to Paisley then jump on the bus.

Heading down for a West Ham game so hopefully they don't get beat <_<

I know this might sound silly, but it's an Arriva 66 you're opting for, not a First Bus. This could help further.

How do you go about claiming missold ppi insurance from the banks?

Visit Martin Lewis' website (on phone, can't link, just google money saving expert) and there's a guide on his website on how to do it without it costing you anything. There's a forum on there too where you'll be able to ask for help.

Has anyone been on a language course before? What was the costs like?

I've just been quoted £1,100 for 20 hours worth (10 lessons of 2 hours) :blink:

Whit? My other half went on a 30hr French course last year at Aberdeen College for one night a week and it didn't even cost her £200. It was cheap enough that I considered doing something similar for a laugh as she got a student card which entitled her to student discount all around Aberdeen.