Quick Question Thread

My girlfriend used to work in Sainsbury's and legally, they only have to ask the person who's buying the booze for ID. There have been countless times where I've been refused drink (or in one case, cigarettes) because I was with someone without ID which is total bullshit and nothing angers me more.

I've been refused a number of times because my 23 yo brother's been there. Usually I go up to buy booze with no issue but as soon as he makes an appearance then they decide to ID both of us. He has ID but I don't have any unless I carry my passport around and they always use this excuse of "if we ID one of you then we have to ID both". I was able to legally buy booze a whole decade ago! Utter bollocks.

Edited by Hedgecutter

What's the name of the pub next door to the Wimpy in Dingwall?

Thanks in advance.

Commercial is over the road, Edit cos I'm slow....

Edited by wunfellaff

Does anyone know the minimum word count for a Higher English folio piece?

I found this online

With the exception of poetry, the minimum length for each piece is 650 words and the maximum is 1300 words.

Okay so we had old video tapes made into DVDs from Boots. It was quite expensive per DVD. Now we are looking to copy one of the DVDs to give to someone. Is there a way to simply copy a DVD and avoid going to Boots for another copy?

Ta.

Out of interest,how much do Boots charge for this ?

Cheers