Quick Question Thread

I've also put this in the La Liga thread in Misc Footy, so sorry if you've read this there:

Quick question for the La Liga buffs.

I'm heading over to Barcelona on the 31st March for my stag weekend. Barca are currently scheduled to play Athletic Bilbao on Sunday 1st April. I know that all league games are initially scheduled for the Sunday then moved to accomodate TV etc.

My question is, when will be the earliest that we'll know if the game is going to be the Saturday or Sunday evening? We're getting in just after lunchtime on Saturday, so should still have time to get tickets for that evening. Ideally Sunday night would be better as it would mean less rushing about.

Hopefully tickets won't be an issue as the corresponding fixture last year had a crowd in the region of 75,000 so quite a few empty seats there. Would anyone see any issue getting tickets as well?

Does anyone know if the shop 'Poundland' is likely to have such a thing as a navigational compass?

Dunno if this helps, but I bought a dinosaur toast press from there on Sunday. Toast tastes better when there's an imprint of a T-Rex eating toast on it. :)

Right, i need to find a really horrendous shirt somewhere in Glasgow. Does anyone have suggestions where i could look? I'm thinking something with tassles maybe...

It's not for me, so the worse the better...

primark can usually be quite good for a rancid t-shirt. i've purchased many a howler from there, although the last time i was in everything seemed fairly respectable.

2 unrelated ones...

When are sky likely to announce the TV games til the end of the season in the epl? I've got some mates wanting to visit for Newcastle vs Man City on the 5th of may, but all games are still showing as Saturday 3pm kick offs. With there being a chance city could win the league that day I'd expect that to be moved, but not sure when this will be announced.

Also, was the Liverpool vs Arsenal 1989 Michael Thomas game on Scottish tv?

I punted the pool @3/1 about 5 games to go and 2-0 was the one result I didnt want. Watched it live in a pub in Carradale of all places but dont know if Sky, BSB or cooncil tv.

I don't think it was on STV no but it was on Scottish tv ie Border carried it, I can remember watching it.

I punted the pool @3/1 about 5 games to go and 2-0 was the one result I didnt want. Watched it live in a pub in Carradale of all places but dont know if Sky, BSB or cooncil tv.

I don't think it was on STV no but it was on Scottish tv ie Border carried it, I can remember watching it.

Well Carradale wouldnt get Borders and if on Ulster I would have gone to the Kiel at Southend so must have been STV by that reckoning.

Anyone use a radio frequency thing for their car, the ones that allow you to connect your iPod to the car stereo??

If so are they any good??

Does that even make sense.

Anyone use a radio frequency thing for their car, the ones that allow you to connect your iPod to the car stereo??

If so are they any good??

Does that even make sense.

I bought one to connect my Experia Arc to the radio and it works a treat.

I bought it about 6 weeks ago in ASDA and it cost £7.00, 2 weeks later it was down to £5.00

Does anyone know if I can just turn up at the Brucefields Driving Range at Bannockburn, hire a driver and a few balls and just skelp them for a while?

I'd presume so, but I've never actually been to a driving range and I haven't played golf in years, I've just got a real urge.

Not been for a while (a year) but it certainly never used to be a problem