Quick Question Thread

Driving back from Edinburgh airport last Thursday night,I was listening to Craig Charles on Radio2.He played a cover version of a Bob Marley song,which he said was "One Love", but I think it was " Could You Be Loved".

Anyway,the cover version was brilliant and all I remember was there was a single trumpet pyaing a few chords in the intro.

He never said who it was from and I've searched the internet without sucess.

Anyone know who this might be,as its driving me nuts trying to find it?

Driving back from Edinburgh airport last Thursday night,I was listening to Craig Charles on Radio2.He played a cover version of a Bob Marley song,which he said was "One Love", but I think it was " Could You Be Loved". Anyway,the cover version was brilliant and all I remember was there was a single trumpet pyaing a few chords in the intro. He never said who it was from and I've searched the internet without sucess. Anyone know who this might be,as its driving me nuts trying to find it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ddbg2

Sam Redmore — Is This Love

I'm not sure if that's the song, but if you click the link it shows you everything that was played during that show.

Edited by Mik

Okay so we had old video tapes made into DVDs from Boots. It was quite expensive per DVD. Now we are looking to copy one of the DVDs to give to someone. Is there a way to simply copy a DVD and avoid going to Boots for another copy?

Ta.

Yes, there is plenty of DVD software available online. I use a program called CloneDVD.

Yes, there is plenty of DVD software available online. I use a program called CloneDVD.

If Cowden isn't comfortable with illegally downloading it then you can download it off their website and use the trial, I think you get three copies before you need to buy it.

Is this easy enough to use?

Yeah, pop in your DVD in and it's a matter of setting a temp folder to burn to (or just leave it at default) and hit rip, then stick in the blank DVD when prompted and it'll burn an exact copy of it to the blank DVD. Piece o' piss.

There's help available on the website if you get stuck.

Keep or bin bank statements?

I don't get them anymore, it's all online and I can sift through them all there. ;)

Only letters I keep are from HMRC, Gas/Elec, C/tax because they're all b*****ds.

So working for the Cooperative we got offered the gold bank account for free until 2013, I thought I'll sign up to this for free travel insurance for my trip. I registered on line and they sent me the forms. The forms soon arrived and I actually thought f**k it I can't be arsed changing accounts and not having a physical bank so I just shredde the registration forms and thought they will hassle me for a while before fucking off.

They sent me the card out today though. I've sill not signed anything and it's not costing me anything but does this constitute the account being open? Can't be doing with a phonecall.

Do they provide you with clear plastic bags for your toiletries at Edinburgh airport? If not how fussy are they about the ones you bring yourself as I have one which is 25x27cm but they are meant to be 20x20cm? For those scared of answering, I promise I'm not a terrorist.

The bags are there. If you bring your own which is 1mm outside the permitted size, expect a cavity search from a burly hibs fan in a UKBA uniform.

That I could handle, I dread to think what would happen if I had the cheek to show up with a bag several centimetres out of spec.!

So working for the Cooperative we got offered the gold bank account for free until 2013, I thought I'll sign up to this for free travel insurance for my trip. I registered on line and they sent me the forms. The forms soon arrived and I actually thought f**k it I can't be arsed changing accounts and not

having a physical bank so I just shredde the registration forms and thought they will hassle me for a while before fucking off.

They sent me the card out today though. I've sill not signed anything and it's not costing me anything but does this constitute the account being open? Can't be doing with a phonecall.

I'm no expert, but if they've sent you a card, I imagine that constitutes the account being open.

On a grade scale that goes A1-A5 and then B1-B3 and my marks as are follows.

B3 - 20%

A2 - 10%

A4 - 70%

What is my grade?

I think it would be A4, but I'd like to confirm.

On a grade scale that goes A1-A5 and then B1-B3 and my marks as are follows.

B3 - 20%

A2 - 10%

A4 - 70%

What is my grade?

I think it would be A4, but I'd like to confirm.

B3 = 15

A2 = 21

A4 = 19

Overall = 0.2*15 + 0.1*21 + 0.7*19 = 18.4 = A5