Quick Question Thread

So this will be fine to use yeah? Just got it yesterday and im scared in case i break it :ph34r:

I can't claim to be an expert in these matters, but a friend at work unlocked his old phone and when he sold it recently, he reset the phone to factory/default settings and it was if it was never unlocked.

Have a go on the E-CHAT forum if you are in doubt, there are far wiser men than me that dwell there.

I can't claim to be an expert in these matters, but a friend at work unlocked his old phone and when he sold it recently, he reset the phone to factory/default settings and it was if it was never unlocked.

Have a go on the E-CHAT forum if you are in doubt, there are far wiser men than me that dwell there.

Ok thanks for your help, i'll try there :D Although, it seems pretty inactive, that's why i asked here..

Ok thanks for your help, i'll try there :D Although, it seems pretty inactive, that's why i asked here..

That's what they want you to think, you have to post your topic and go to a different part of the site for a while,(they don't like crowds).

That gives the collective time to compose their reply.

Also it helps if you leave sweeties.

Has anyone ever used Rosetta Stone (or anything similar) to learn a language?

I'd like to learn Italian but I'd rather I didn't take classes like in school or college so I can just take it at my own pace. I'm wondering if these are any good or if it's better the get taught.

I'd like to learn Italian but I'd rather I didn't take classes like in school or college so I can just take it at my own pace. I'm wondering if these are any good or if it's better the get taught.

I'm using rosetta stone to try and learn Spanish. It's based on how you pick up your original language, sight recognition or something.

I've found it quite good so far , the verbal tests are good and you have to use the correct inflections etc.

I'd like to learn Italian but I'd rather I didn't take classes like in school or college so I can just take it at my own pace. I'm wondering if these are any good or if it's better the get

taught.

I know someone who looked into this and they said that the Rosetta Stone thing was very expensive to the point that he didn't go for it.

I heard the Rosette Stone and other computer based language things are a waste of time and a rip off.

The big advantage of Rosetta Stone is that you can borrow it off your Uncle Internet for nothing. For that alone it's worth giving it a shot and see how you do.

I started Spanish at one point through little more than boredom and I was surprised at how much I retained, just basic stuff like animals and colours, etc

I heard the Rosette Stone and other computer based language things are a waste of time and a rip off.

I dunno. I've only learned Spanish and that was done in school but I think it'd have been the 4+ hours a week for five years that did it rather than the human interaction(3/5 teachers weren't the best teachers IMO) so I'd put it down to repetition and plenty of time spent that helps you learn a language.

Thanks for your replies.

I did French at school (and I'm doing it at college just now) but I don't have any motivation to do it. I'd rather learn Italian, though, but I don't like the way that the teach languages in school/college so I was going to take matters into my own hands and find out the best option. Rosetta Stone sponsors weekends on Dave - so I thought that would have been the best option.

As an aside, in the field of fictional b*****ds, Mr. Kipling.

Oggie used it to learn Hindi and Spanish. He raves about it.

Our POTY is on the Renfrew ferry; any one been to a function there before? Looking for more prices of drink in the place

The manager's a big Jags fan. :D

ETA- But it's not me! Can't help you with the price of drinks, sorry. Last time I was in there was nearly 20 years ago.

Edited by H Wragg