Quick Question Thread

Most bars/pubs operate a 'No football colours' policy in Glasgow city centre. It's pretty much universally understood that it's because OF fans tend not to behave themselves when in each other's company.

Would a bar loosening this policy to 'No OF colours' make you more or less likely to visit?

When we did the stenny walk a few years ago a few of the folk behind the counters of the pubs were a bit cagy about letting us in. Then you would get the "who are you lot then?" when we said Montrose fans their attitude would change and became very welcoming, the to a man/woman said that the no colours policy caught everyone but was just for the old firm fans.

I'm sure it's the same with any big rivalry but no other teams have infected Scottish pubs like the old firm.

I completely forgot about my credit card bill (first time using it in months and don't receive statements to this address) and was a day late in paying it. Been lumped with interest (around 6 quid). If I explain my silliness to a bank employee, is there any chance they could give me the benefit of the doubt and waiver the fine?

I've had the card for about 3 years and it's the first time this has happened.

I completely forgot about my credit card bill (first time using it in months and don't receive statements to this address) and was a day late in paying it. Been lumped with interest (around 6 quid). If I explain my silliness to a bank employee, is there any chance they could give me the benefit of the doubt and waiver the fine?

Always chance it. The worst that can happen is they say "no". At best, you get the fee waivered and a warning not to do it again.

I hate paperless billing. I forget stuff all the time because I don't get a slip of paper telling me what I need to pay. I know, I should be more organised, but I've got other things to worry about. I don't have space in my brain for remembering when I should be checking online statements.

Edit: Waivered? Is that even a word? See what I mean about my brain? I meant waived.

Edited by Mrs M

I completely forgot about my credit card bill (first time using it in months and don't receive statements to this address) and was a day late in paying it. Been lumped with interest (around 6 quid). If I explain my silliness to a bank employee, is there any chance they

could give me the benefit of the doubt and waiver the fine?

Phone the call centre tell them your story, be really nice, explain that it was only one day and it's never happened before and would they wave the fee this time. If you don't feel the love right away on the phone, apologise and hang before you start. I know someone who worked in a cc call centre and he said it was pretty much down to his own discretion who got refunds and who didn't and nice chatty relaxed callers got the help.

Was the herald printed today?

The reason I ask is ours was not delivered today, when I went to the shop they said none had came in today. I was speaking to my mammy later, she said that she had heard from a friend that none were printed as the printing press had broken down. I dont see anything on the Herald Website though.