Quick Question Thread

What's the deal with drinking alcohol on Megabus? Is it frowned upon, or is it OK to do so? Had a wee search on Google, but there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer.

It's illegal but sit up the back, don't make an arse of yourself and you'll be fine.

The big advantage of Rosetta Stone is that you can borrow it off your Uncle Internet for nothing. For that alone it's worth giving it a shot and see how you do.

I started Spanish at one point through little more than boredom and I was surprised at how much I retained, just basic stuff like animals and colours, etc

Really? I was looking into getting (stealing :ph34r:) Rosetta Stone but apparently they're one of the most litigious companies in the world for piracy and I couldn't find much on t'internet.

How difficult is it to climb Ben Nevis? One or two of my mates have made noises about a group of us going up it this summer but I'm sceptical that a bunch of 20-year-old guys with zero hillwalking experience would be able to climb the tallest mountain in Britain.

It's fairly easy. Anyone with reasonable fitness should manage it without too much hassle.

How difficult is it to climb Ben Nevis? One or two of my mates have made noises about a group of us going up it this summer but I'm sceptical that a bunch of 20-year-old guys with zero hillwalking experience would be able to climb the tallest mountain in Britain.

I "climbed" (it's not really "climbing" as there's a path) Ben Nevis with my dad and a couple of family friends quite a few years back. Can't remember exactly how young I was but I'd guess I was maybe 14 or so at the absolute oldest? It's not that difficult for anyone who is moderately fit.

Cheers for the responses guys. Quite glad that I appear to have been wrong.

The only point in climbing Ben Nevis by the tourist route is to say you've climbed the highest mountain in Scotland. The path up it is basically a staircase.

Edited by Fudge

Is there an English P&B?

i asked this once and the consensus seemed to be that there wasn't really a general football forum that encompassed all english football, or at least not one that had that many regular posters.

Edited by bullywee

Going to Mexico in a month for my Honeymoon. Just wondering about currency. I know the Mexicans use Pesos but I don't whether to take dollars instead. Going to an all inclusive resort so not paying for meals or that anyway.

What do the good folks of P&B ssuggest? Im personally thinking Dollars..,

Edited by The_Craig

Going to Mexico in a month for my Honeymoon. Just wondering about currency. I know the Mexicans use Pesos but I don't whether to take dollars instead. Going to an all inclusive resort so not paying for meals or that anyway.

What do the good folks of P&B ssuggest? Im personally thinking Dollars..,

Take some Dollars and some Pesos.

Most bars/pubs operate a 'No football colours' policy in Glasgow city centre. It's pretty much universally understood that it's because OF fans tend not to behave themselves when in each other's company.

Would a bar loosening this policy to 'No OF colours' make you more or less likely to visit?

Most bars/pubs operate a 'No football colours' policy in Glasgow city centre. It's pretty much universally understood that it's because OF fans tend not to behave themselves when in each other's company.

Would a bar loosening this policy to 'No OF colours' make you more or less likely to visit?

Is it really though? I like to blame the OF for all sorts (when I'm not blaming Airdrie United), but it's a policy that's in place all over England too, in my experience. I think it aims to prevent football violence in general, and while the OF mouth-breathers are probably the most high profile culprits, they're far from the only ones.

Is it really though? I like to blame the OF for all sorts (when I'm not blaming Airdrie United), but it's a policy that's in place all over England too, in my experience. I think it aims to prevent football violence in general, and while the OF mouth-breathers are probably the most high profile culprits, they're far from the only ones.

I definitely see where you are coming from, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that Rangers and Celtic fans are the only ones who cause bother but it'd be nice to be able to cater for a group of people heading on the train to, say an Alloa match, without having to tell them to sit with their jackets on.

I definitely see where you are coming from, and I'm not suggesting for a moment that Rangers and Celtic fans are the only ones who cause bother but it'd be nice to be able to cater for a group of people heading on the train to, say an Alloa match, without having to tell them to sit with their jackets on.

I think a fair bunch of pubs turn a blind eye to non OF tops, and that should be the common sense route.

Yeah, once again, a minority group composed of fucking idiots ruin it for everyone else. I will never understand why anyone would think a good day out is a drink, a football match and a bit of violence.

Edit to answer your original question: it would make very little difference to me.

Edited by Mrs M

I think a fair bunch of pubs turn a blind eye to non OF tops, and that should be the common sense route.

We have tried this, but when it's picked up on by somebody who turns up the next day in their Rangers/Celtic top and cries "A guy had a Raith Rovers top on in here yesterday" it becomes a little more difficult, especially in a brand-owned premises.

Yeah, once again, a minority group composed of fucking idiots ruin it for everyone else. I will never understand why anyone would think a good day out is a drink, a football match and a bit of violence.

Edit to answer your original question: it would make very little difference to me.

I am fairly confident we could avoid any conflicts by adhering to the the lincesing law objectives as strictly as we do. Hoping that a potential trial of the policy will be met with positive results and understanding from those who can't wear their teams colours. Thanks for your feedback.