Quick Question Thread

I need to grow a beard, any suggestions?

Need to is different from want to. Is it for disguise, to cover up disfigurement or a job as a trainee Santa?

Don't shave for a few days then start the topiary in whatever shape you fancy. Start with only removing a little at a time. You can't put it back on as easily.

What kind of specifications should I be looking for in a laptop that I intend to use mostly for Football Manager, internet surfing and itunes? I asked in E Chat but haven't had a response. Budget is £300-400ish.

What kind of specifications should I be looking for in a laptop that I intend to use mostly for Football Manager, internet surfing and itunes? I asked in E Chat but haven't had a response. Budget is £300-400ish.

I'm going to buy a used car in the next couple of weeks, for the first time. It's almost certainly going to be a Focus, maybe 5 years old. Might be through a dealer or private, I'm not too bothered.

What I'm really looking for is a list of the unofficial "rules". If it's listed at £3490, how much will I actually pay for it? What's the best way to go about haggling, etc?

Also, anyone got any experience of the Mazda3?

Look on the back of the FM case, it should have a box that says "minimum specs". You'll be able to get a decent one for between 300 and 400 though. I'm not hugely well versed in specs but you'd probably want over 2GHz in your processor and at least 2GB of RAM. But obviously, the larger those two numbers then the faster it'll go. Hard drive capacity can obviously be gotten around with external drives. My HDD is 250GB, I'm not sure how that compares to other users though. I do have quite a lot of music on mine though. iTunes says I've got 45GB on that (19.5 days worthph34r.gif)

I'm going to buy a used car in the next couple of weeks, for the first time. It's almost certainly going to be a Focus, maybe 5 years old. Might be through a dealer or private, I'm not too bothered.

What I'm really looking for is a list of the unofficial "rules". If it's listed at £3490, how much will I actually pay for it? What's the best way to go about haggling, etc?

Also, anyone got any experience of the Mazda3?

Offer them 50 quid as an opening haggle. Remember and say 'you're breaking my balls here man you're breaking my balls' every time you have to raise your price.