Quick Question Thread

Fairly sure there's a big wasps nest on the roof/gutter above my room in my flat. Had 5 wasps kicking about my room in the last couple of days and can see quite a few constantly hovering about the guttering above my room. Just a hassle, anyone in the Glasgow area dealt with any good/bad exterminators? Any recommendations would be helpful, as I fucking hate the things.

call the enviromental health, they should do it for free

Pest Control services aren't always provided by Environmental Health. It's often another department's responsibility.

It's also highly unlikely that whatever Department it is at your own local council will do it for free.

I would suggest going to your Local Council's website & searching for "Pest Control". That should link to a pricelist which will include wasp bikes. They will want paid up front though, and you won't get much of a refund if it turns out not to be wasps

Pest Control services aren't always provided by Environmental Health. It's often another department's responsibility.

It's also highly unlikely that whatever Department it is at your own local council will do it for free.

I would suggest going to your Local Council's website & searching for "Pest Control". That should link to a pricelist which will include wasp bikes. They will want paid up front though, and you won't get much of a refund if it turns out not to be wasps

It was for NLC last year at least...i phoned them when my inlaws had a wasp nest in the house and they came out no bother

>>>clicky

Ok, its not listed under enviromental health anymore, still free though...dunno about glasgow right enough

Edited by vip3r

What's a good brand of headphones that aren't outrageously expensive like Beats?

If you mean any sort, I use these in-ear ones, and they're brilliant.

If you mean the big ones that go over your ears and make you think you look like a dj, but actually make you look like a fanny, the only advice I have is don't.

As I said, fortunately it hasn't happened to me. I was just curious as to what other people would do.

It's only happened to me once and the person's parents took control of his Facebook and allowed messages of condolence for a period of time and then posted saying thanks for the messages and closed the page down. That seemed a sensible way to do it.

It's only happened to me once and the person's parents took control of his Facebook and allowed messages of condolence for a period of time and then posted saying thanks for the messages and closed the page down. That seemed a sensible way to do it.

I quite fancy leaving instructions in my will for people to continue to post as me "from beyond the grave".

It was for NLC last year at least...i phoned them when my inlaws had a wasp nest in the house and they came out no bother

>>>clicky

Ok, its not listed under enviromental health anymore, still free though...dunno about glasgow right enough

Pest Control in Argyll is done by the Streetscene team which (I think) is part of Roads - it's definitely not part of EH.

I would be charged nearly £70 if I called them out :(

http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/planning-and-environment/pest-control-service

Pest Control in Argyll is done by the Streetscene team which (I think) is part of Roads - it's definitely not part of EH.

http://www.argyll-bute.gov.uk/planning-and-environment/pest-control-service

wow that sucks

>>> taken from the councils pdf leaflet

Overall responsibility for the Pest Control Service
lies with :
Robert Steenson
Environmental Health Manager
Edited by vip3r

In the shire it's free to council tennants but others are charged £35.10

Cheers for the advice (and terrible puns) but I've actually got a much more pressing issue now. I had legally parked my car on a road near my flat on Sunday night. Now there are roadworks on the road where it was and my car has disappeared. Must have been towed, but surely I won't have to pay to get it back since I hadn't illegally parked it and there were no warnings about future roadworks? Also where is it likely to have been taken (I live in hyndland area of Glasgow)?

The last time I was at the cinema I got a 2 for 1 voucher for next time (expires on the 10th). Good news eh? But I'm taking a bird to the cinema, do I say I'm paying for her then wap out this voucher looking like a cheapskate? Or try to get her to go get food or something so she doesn't notice? What's the etiquette? It's a saving of like 7 quid and I won't be in the cinema again before it runs out

#bigchoices