Quick Question Thread

This is something thats been bothering me since, er, yesterday.

Caught a bit of the football league show - in the Leicester - Derby game, the commentator referred to Leicester striker David Nugent as a "literal" fox in the box. I groaned at first but then I remembered that Leicester's nickname is the foxes.

Now, here's whats bothered me - David Nugent isn't literally a fox (animal) but he is, in another sense, a fox (nickname).

So was the commentator using the word correctly?

Caught a bit of the football league show - in the Leicester - Derby game, the commentator referred to Leicester striker David Nugent as a "literal" fox in the box. I groaned at first but then I remembered that Leicester's nickname is the foxes.

Now, here's whats bothered me - David Nugent isn't literally a fox (animal) but he is, in another sense, a fox (nickname).

Zorro, can't help.

I've been going to the gym for a while now, and only recently I've noticed my body doesn't recover as fast as it did when I first joined.

I did a few calf workouts yesterday and they were fine, I even managed to go to football training and not have any real pain.

I woke up this morning, was in the process of planting my foot on the floor until I felt a shooting pain in both my calves when I tried to straighten my leg to stand up. It's been like this all day; is this an over-exertion injury?

Sounds like it. You can warm up and stretch as much as you like, some days though you just 'burst' the muscle through over exertion.

Aye I always make sure I stretch before I do any exercise, just seems like I maybe put too much strain on it for one day.

Is there a requirement to keep utility bills, phone bills etc for any period of time?

I know bank statements etc need to be kept for 7 years for a number of reasons, but trying to de-clutter, so wondering if any other documents need to be kept for any length of time?

Don't think so. The only reason you might need them is if you enter a dispute with them. Most utilities etc, let you manage it all online these days, so I've not had a utility or phone bill in years (which is fine until you need a utility bill for proof of address).

Incidentally, my dad died a few years ago, we cleaned out his over-cluttered house. He neatly kept every gas, lecky, phone etc bill in chronological order going back to the 1950s. I think he might have been a bit of a hoarder though.

Is there a requirement to keep utility bills, phone bills etc for any period of time?

I know bank statements etc need to be kept for 7 years for a number of reasons, but trying to de-clutter, so wondering if any other documents need to be kept for any length of time?

I alway keep mine for 12 months, then after that chuck it, so get into a routine of keeping them. Then after 12 months, one comes in one goes in the bin.

Yes, however the commentator was lucky on this occasion.

ETA - This could have implied to any Leicester player. David is not the only fox

Edited by SlipperyP

Anyone on here that's a teacher (or anyone that isn't but can help) point me in the direction of anywhere useful where I can source information on all the changes to secondary education over the past couple of years? I've got an interview for a post-graduate course next year in teacher training and I want to make sure I have an idea of what I'm talking about it before it.

If you know what you want your next job to be, it's easy. There will be some forum or chatroom out there about it. My problem is I've never known what I want to do, just taken a job when it's offered and see how it goes. Getting laid off next month.

If you know what you want your next job to be, it's easy. There will be some forum or chatroom out there about it. My problem is I've never known what I want to do, just taken a job when it's offered and see how it goes. Getting laid off next month.

Yeah i don't know what i want to do that's the sort of advice im after where else can i go with the "skills" i have picked up from the jobs i have done so far, i know i don't want to be anywhere near a call centre again though

also that's terrible :thumbsdown

inbound has been better than outbound but the money isn't rewarding enough for the shit you have to take from absolute simpletons

Edited by itzdrk

I'm afraid your on your own for career advice, tried the job centre, school, college, few internet ones I was pushed into. They usually say I should be in the military, the church or dealing in second-hand furniture.

P.S. I'm an atheist pacifist who's shite at haggling.

Edited by welshbairn

Coming to the end of my first contract and am due an upgrade at the end of next month, one thing I'm not about is - do I have to keep the same price plan or can I go for something cheaper? I know for a fact I don't use what I pay for (£33 a month, chose that cos it's all you can eat data, doubt I use half of it), and don't wanna pay that if I'm not using all of it. Also, when I first started I had to pay over £100 up front for the phone, will I have to do that again?!

OK, maybe not a quick question!!