Quick Question Thread

Coming to the end of my first contract and am due an upgrade at the end of next month, one thing I'm not about is - do I have to keep the same price plan or can I go for something cheaper? I know for a fact I don't use what I pay for (£33 a month, chose that cos it's all you can eat data, doubt I use half of it), and don't wanna pay that if I'm not using all of it. Also, when I first started I had to pay over £100 up front for the phone, will I have to do that again?!

OK, maybe not a quick question!!

All depends what type of phone you're going for.

Also, do you need to upgrade? After years of upgrading I opted to stay with my last phone when my contract expired and got an unlimited call, text and internet sim for £16pm.

All depends what type of phone you're going for. Also, do you need to upgrade? After years of upgrading I opted to stay with my last phone when my contract expired and got an unlimited call, text and internet sim for £16pm.

I was going to go for the iPhone 5s (currently got the 4s). Don't really need an upgrade as my phone is working fine, I've always went through a cycle of getting a new phone every two years or so whether I need one or not cos I get bored with the one I had!!

I see some people take the upgrade and sell their brand new handset for a decent amount of cash. Was kinda tempted by this, but knowing my luck my current one would stop working half way through the new contract and I'd be gubbed then!

I was going to go for the iPhone 5s (currently got the 4s). Don't really need an upgrade as my phone is working fine, I've always went through a cycle of getting a new phone every two years or so whether I need one or not cos I get bored with the one I had!!

I see some people take the upgrade and sell their brand new handset for a decent amount of cash. Was kinda tempted by this, but knowing my luck my current one would stop working half way through the new contract and I'd be gubbed then!

My missus upgraded from the 4s to 5s and I don't see much of a difference anytime I've had a shot. She reckons slightly bigger screen and better photos and that's about it. Oh, and it recognises your fingerprint.

You will get £130-150 for a 4s,the iPhone 5s is a pile of poo though so you might do better keeping it and getting a sim only deal.

I want to get a new stereo for my car. I know that a few years ago you needed to buy a special harness to go from your car into your stereo. So there were different harnesses for (say) a Ford to Sony, Ford to JVC, Ford to Pioneer and so on.

I have a Citroen, and I was having a look today, and it seems that nowadays you just need to buy a Citroen harness. Do modern car stereos all have the same fitting on the back these days, regardless of manufacturer?

Is there any way to stop cold callers phoning me up without having to pay for this privilege? its driving me fucking nuts.

Register with the TPS - telephone preference service. It's free and cut right down on my cold calls. I still get the occassional one from cheeky c***s on call centres that are based abroad and just blatantly ignore it, but I get nowhere near the volume I used to.

The kitchen company DM Design got fined £90k last year for phoning folk who had registered with the TPS.

Let the calls go to your answer machine and only answer when you know who's calling.

Thats no fucking use.

Register with the TPS - telephone preference service. It's free and cut right down on my cold calls. I still get the occassional one from cheeky c***s on call centres that are based abroad and just blatantly ignore it, but I get nowhere near the volume I used to.

The kitchen company DM Design got fined £90k last year for phoning folk who had registered with the TPS.

That is though, cheers DM.

Thats no fucking use.

That is though, cheers DM.

What Dee Man says works up to a point, however the bitches still phone you and don't give a f**k if they annoy you.

In the past fortnight I have had the essenpee phone me constantly (By election) they don't give a f**k either.

So, take my advice and screen your calls via the answer machine.

Have a nice night now and don't have nightmares.

I'm with TPS also. Hardly get any cold calls now. Any that do come through, the wife demands to know how they got our number and tells them that they can be in trouble if they call again. Every time they hang up without any argument and we never hear from them again.

I'm with TPS also. Hardly get any cold calls now. Any that do come through, the wife demands to know how they got our number and tells them that they can be in trouble if they call again. Every time they hang up without any argument and we never hear from them again.

I just ask politely for their company name and address so I can inform the TPS and it stops their calls. You still get the international calls claiming to be Microsoft wanting to cure your computer though.

I just ask politely for their company name and address so I can inform the TPS and it stops their calls. You still get the international calls claiming to be Microsoft wanting to cure your computer though.

I got that once, asked him if it's an app I can get from the apple store as I can't see windows on my desktop... Strange man hung up on me.. My computer is forever doomed (