Quick Question Thread

Just watching the news and for this sea mine in Gourock being detonated, residents have been advised to "open windows and stay inside close to a brick wall". Surely for a large blast people should be told to close Windows etc.

Reduces the chances of them getting sliced up by broken glass I suppose.

Just watching the news and for this sea mine in Gourock being detonated, residents have been advised to "open windows and stay inside close to a brick wall". Surely for a large blast people should be told to close Windows etc.

They're hoping it will reduce unemployment.

Did they tell them to turn their heaters up full blast?

Reduces the chances of them getting sliced up by broken glass I suppose.

This. For example, smashed in windows from the shock wave of the Halifax Explosion (Nova Scotia during WW1) was a serious cause of injury when a ship full of explosives blew up in the nearby harbour. It also flattened the whole of the city in the process mind, maybe Inverclyde Council are up to something sneaky here.

Why does my car have so many stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet?

If it was on the Chanonry in Old Aberdeen yesterday at 2:45 then I'll tell you why:

A wee girlie toddler was walking along the road, lagging behind mummy who hadn't noticed she was storming ahead. Toddler passes a big pile of swept up leaves / dirt and decides to pick it up for whatever reason, either (i) out of fun or ii) to impress mummy. Mum then continues on, at which point wee girl wants rid of said pile and decides to chuck it over the bonnet of the nearest parked car. Judging by the noise, there were definitely large stones involved.

To early for heating on?

At most an hour or two at night as our daughters room is a bit chilly as its laminate and we don't have a rug at the moment to try keep the heat in as much as possible, the room is pretty empty which isn't helping anything I suppose and the sun doesn't shine in that way during the day.

Na, we are in the same boat with the wee mans room, the sun doesn't quite hit it till mid afternoon and the room hovers between 16-18 degrees pap the heating on, close blinds/curtains (we put blankets over them as well and get the heating on for a while.

Its a bugger when they kick the covers off as well.

Heading to Rosyth in the morning, have to be there for 10.30. At what time will I have to leave Air-da-Ray to be there on time?

Assuming you're driving, 9:30-9:45 should be safe enough. The dockyard can cause a wee bit of traffic in Rosyth but not at that time.

It's called a special offer

Tbf, the special offer price usually works like:

Price of A < Special A+B offer price < Normal price of A+B

I've found myself ordering a sub and drink with no interest in the drink before. It is indeed a stupid situation to find yourself in when it costs you more to order less.