Quick Question Thread

See also "slept like a baby" to denote sleeping well.

I don't have any kids, but I'm led to believe that babies generally aren't very good at sleeping for long periods, wake up screaming, and tend to soil themselves overnight. I've had those nights as well, but wouldn't describe them as sleeping like a baby.

I'm a sentimental auld c**t. There is nothing more fascinating and relaxing than watching your wee wean asleep in its cot/crib/moses basket.

I'm a sentimental auld c**t. There is nothing more fascinating and relaxing than watching your wee wean asleep in its cot/crib/moses basket.

You've been away from it too long, Old timer.

When the wee one falls asleep, you automatically pass out through sheer exhaustion.

You've been away from it too long, Old timer.

When the wee one falls asleep, you automatically pass out through sheer exhaustion.

Also, it's far too easy to get into the thing of panicking when they take a bit longer than normal to take a breath :wacko:

Just buy new scissors you cheap c**t

That's what I've always done, but it occurred to me that it's incredibly wasteful to throw away something that could easily be regenerated hundreds of times.

Your grandparents would be rolling in their graves :P

Just gave the kitchen foil thing a try, and I'm not sure how well it worked. Seems to cut better, but it's hardly razor-sharp. Probably better off getting a whetstone, but I've always been shite with those things for some reason. Might nip into Timpsons tomorrow and ask if they can grind my blades for me (oo-er).

Just gave the kitchen foil thing a try, and I'm not sure how well it worked. Seems to cut better, but it's hardly razor-sharp. Probably better off getting a whetstone, but I've always been shite with those things for some reason. Might nip into Timpsons tomorrow and ask if they can grind my blades for me (oo-er).

There's always a good way of testing how sharp a pair of scissors are. You seem like a decent guy BFTD so I'll hire out my thumb to you for mates rates :ph34r: