Quick Question Thread

Why would you do that?

As jimmy said, it's surprisingly normal tasting. Put a bit of kitchen roll beneath and on top of the bacon, microwave for around 1 and a half minutes, and you have crispy bacon! Minus the potential mess of grilling or frying it (if you're not careful, of course).

My flat mate does it all the time, it actually makes total sense but just feels so wrong cooking it like that!

6 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

As jimmy said, it's surprisingly normal tasting. Put a bit of kitchen roll beneath and on top of the bacon, microwave for around 1 and a half minutes, and you have crispy bacon! Minus the potential mess of grilling or frying it (if you're not careful, of course).

My flat mate does it all the time, it actually makes total sense but just feels so wrong cooking it like that!

I've got one of these babies, bacon roll in 2 minutes flat, and rinse the dish under the tap.

41HCuLvwppL._SY300_.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

I've got one of these babies, bacon roll in 2 minutes flat, and rinse the dish under the tap.

41HCuLvwppL._SY300_.jpg

That's a beauty, where did you get that?

I have done it before but to be honest I dont like how it comes out. Does in a pinch. Thankfully I am very rarely in a pinch, like this morning where two crispy rolls were filled with grilled bacon and a perfectly fried egg.

That's made me hungry again [emoji7] Unfortunately I'm too hungover to face any human contact in the shop.

Hall light has two switches , one at either end of hall. One no longer works but the other one works fine so no probs with lights.

The one that doesn't work also has a switch for kitchen light and the kitchen switch works fine.

So, I'm guessing just something simple around switch mechanism that I can fix or will I be killed and burn house down? 

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

That's the worry. I object to staying in all morning and paying 60 quid for two minute jobs but with electricity you may well be correct.

As long as you switch off at the mains and take pictures of the switch wiring it should be simple and safe to fix or replace.

Delete apps using most storage then reinstall. A nuisance but can free up some space. Also clear history and website data in Safari.

Far easier option for me on Android / Samsung is to go into the Apps Manager and clear the caches in the individual app settings. Takes seconds rather than a whole reinstall faff.

FB and P&B are the biggest memory guzzlers for me, so I usually just need to clear them, keeping all the remembered passwords etc for all the other apps in place.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

60 lol. I can pm you a friends number who is an electrician who would come out. He works with mcgiils so would be at yours anytime after 6 usually depending on where he is working

Cheers

Brother in law is also a sparky with mcgills so I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks. 

I'm on a mission to do more in the house having worked out that half of what I was paying for , especially from plumbers, I was able to do myself.

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Hall light has two switches , one at either end of hall. One no longer works but the other one works fine so no probs with lights.

The one that doesn't work also has a switch for kitchen light and the kitchen switch works fine.

So, I'm guessing just something simple around switch mechanism that I can fix or will I be killed and burn house down? 

784703.gif?b64lines=CiBXSEFUJ1MgVEhJUyBT

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Cheers

Brother in law is also a sparky with mcgills so I'll give him a shout and see what he thinks. 

I'm on a mission to do more in the house having worked out that half of what I was paying for , especially from plumbers, I was able to do myself.

g0qFx.gif

^^^. Exactly this. Electricity is a fairly binary outcome.

Off at mains, do the job, switch back on at mains. If you've done it right, perfect. If you've done it wrong, circuit breaker trips. Go back and start again. Repeat until you reach the desired outcome.

Gas and water are the tricky ones. You can think you've done a decent enough job and wake up (or not) up to your ankles in water or a Big Bang. Particularly if whoever did the wiring has been a bit slapdash...[emoji848]

I wouldn't f**k about with complex electrics but recently I've changed sockets in the living room (put usb ones in - fucking great inventions) and installed three new lights. If a DIY moron like me can cope with that I think whipping the switch off and checking out the wiring should be within your grasp @invergowrie arab