Quick Question Thread

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Based on the law of averages, you're an areshole.

I played rugby & football. yes football is a more skillful game, however Rugby much more a team game. Shandon I'm with you! Not because you're a boxer, ok, because you're fighter.:P. What position of the meatheads did you play?

Big coach lad would tell me to stand on the side of the scrum (flanker?) and punch anyone who came near me from the other team. Went to see my nephew play a couple of times and it seems a much cleaner game now. Shouts of "deck him" etc wasn't taken well by parents.  Also played number 8 and occasionally fullback. Good camaraderie. Plenty of of us in the team didn't get on but as soon as a game started you'd scrap like mad for each other. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've been meaning to say for a while, but I'm afraid you're going to have to change your avatar as it's far too similar to mine on a small screen.

Thank you.

I've been meaning to say this too! Stick in at the Muay Thai and when you're next over, track him down and knock him out (though Bairnardo and I have a gentleman's agreement not to target his fine face and handsome gnashers). 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I've been meaning to say this too! Stick in at the Muay Thai and when you're next over, track him down and knock him out (though Bairnardo and I have a gentleman's agreement not to target his fine face and handsome gnashers). 

Nah, I'm watching my boy. I went for 2 years a couple of years ago and had to give it up due to tendonitis of the elbow which I'm sure was caused by hyperextension of my tendons when I was punching fuck out the bag. 

I'm watching it just now though and getting the buzz back.

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Nah, I'm watching my boy. I went for 2 years a couple of years ago and had to give it up due to tendonitis of the elbow which I'm sure was caused by hyperextension of my tendons when I was punching fuck out the bag. 

I'm watching it just now though and getting the buzz back.

Didn't know you did Muay Thai Dee Man... Do you do it to keep fit & self defence or do you also compete?

Edited by 8MileBU

I live in a new build flat which is ridiculously well insulated. Money wise it's great as I've never had (and never will) put the heating on. However, at night it is fucking boiling - even now in winter I leave both windows open fully all day when I'm out so it is as cold as possible when I get home but by the time I'm going to bed it's already warm again and whilst it's bearable now I'm dreading summer. How can I avoid boiling to death at night?

TL;DR - my flat is boiling at night, is anyone aware of any gadgets/tricks for keeping your bed cool?

13 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I live in a new build flat which is ridiculously well insulated. Money wise it's great as I've never had (and never will) put the heating on. However, at night it is fucking boiling - even now in winter I leave both windows open fully all day when I'm out so it is as cold as possible when I get home but by the time I'm going to bed it's already warm again and whilst it's bearable now I'm dreading summer. How can I avoid boiling to death at night?

TL;DR - my flat is boiling at night, is anyone aware of any gadgets/tricks for keeping your bed cool?

A Power Rangers duvet cover.

Edited by Zen Archer

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Has Scotland started getting summers again? When did this happen?

Don't quote me on this but I believe if your house is that well insulated it will protect you from any outside heat. Either that or it will be like a furnace inside. 

7 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Cold shower before bed. 

Do you have a car? I used to go and sit in the car with the air con on for a while when I lived with somewhere with proper summer.

A bedside fan. 

A fan with an ice bucket.

Become a naturist.

HTH.

On 07/02/2017 at 06:20, 8MileBU said:

Didn't know you did Muay Thai Dee Man... Do you do it to keep fit & self defence or do you also compete?

I'm hard awready but ah want tae git a wee bit harder so I can batter better. Ma face is known tae the polis so ah canny carry around knives any more.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I'm hard awready but ah want tae git a wee bit harder so I can batter better. Ma face is known tae the polis so ah canny carry around knives any more.

Never doubted it.^_^ 

Remember you must also learn discipline. The hard man does not start the fight. The hard man finishes the fight, young Dee.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Has Scotland started getting summers again? When did this happen?

Don't quote me on this but I believe if your house is that well insulated it will protect you from any outside heat. Either that or it will be like a furnace inside. 

I don't live in Scotland. I have no idea if it's to do with insulation or whatever, I just assumed that because it's a new build, but it certainly does not keep out heat and is fucking boiling no matter what temperature it is - even though right now it's about 8/9 degrees outside, and I leave the windows open, after closing them for a couple of hours the inside temperature is above 20. I do not understand.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Cold shower before bed. 

Do you have a car? I used to go and sit in the car with the air con on for a while when I lived with somewhere with proper summer.

A bedside fan. 

A fan with an ice bucket.

Become a naturist.

HTH.

Tried all of these. It's okay just now but I genuinely fear death in the summer.

14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don't live in Scotland. I have no idea if it's to do with insulation or whatever, I just assumed that because it's a new build, but it certainly does not keep out heat and is fucking boiling no matter what temperature it is - even though right now it's about 8/9 degrees outside, and I leave the windows open, after closing them for a couple of hours the inside temperature is above 20. I do not understand.

Tried all of these. It's okay just now but I genuinely fear death in the summer.

Maybe you live in Australia and are confusing summer with winter?

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My air conditioner is shite. Doesn't go below 16 degrees (and it feels much higher than that tbh).

16 degrees is pretty chilly for indoors. Maybe you've a fever, or hot flushes.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

16 degrees is pretty chilly for indoors. Maybe you've a fever, or hot flushes.

Yes it claims it's 16 degrees but I don't believe it for a second, considering when I open the window to the outdoors at 8/9 degrees it feels gloriously cold. Also doesn't help that the layout of my flat means the air con blows outwards in the living room away from the bedroom.

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes it claims it's 16 degrees but I don't believe it for a second, considering when I open the window to the outdoors at 8/9 degrees it feels gloriously cold. Also doesn't help that the layout of my flat means the air con blows outwards in the living room away from the bedroom.

Build a fort and sleep in the living room