Quick Question Thread

42 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Late sub with breadsticks or carrot sticks and you'll be fine. Or just lick some gravel and sand for a similar taste and texture.

Worcester sauce crisps (no hummus) and irn bru boiled sweets was the sub. 

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I thought this was a pair of your shoes as I was scrolling down.

I do have an interest in something called "Irn-Bru boiled sweets," however...

They're from Asda. Can't find them online except this bloke seems to be selling them on ebay and they look identical to the Asda ones..

s-l225.jpg

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sweets-Irn-Bru-Iron-Brew-Scottish-Sweets-200g-/162367894204?hash=item25cde172bc:g:Hl0AAOSwnDZT~3ks

Could someone tell me why rounds are shite? It makes most sense to me to just get a round going.
N.B. I'm basing my opinion on everyone being a fully grown adult and not a fanny.

I don't know anyone who's refused to do rounds let alone call them shite. It's surely pub etiquette to get a round in.

22 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Could someone tell me why rounds are shite? It makes most sense to me to just get a round going.
N.B. I'm basing my opinion on everyone being a fully grown adult and not a fanny.

Rounds are only shite if you're a penny pinching weirdo who monitors everything everyone drinks. The sort of person who gets a pencil and calculator out when the bill comes at a restaurant so they only pay for what they ate and not a penny more.

I don't mind rounds but I'm not up for everyone drinking the same drink all the time. If it's looking a bit dull I like to spice it up by adding in shots of some obscure, foul stuff for everyone. I don't mind spending a bit more. I find the whole thing of groups of blokes drinking the same thing at the same pace a bit creepy - like level 1 rugger bugger behaviour. 

I don't mind rounds but I'm not up for everyone drinking the same drink all the time. If it's looking a bit dull I like to spice it up by adding in shots of some obscure, foul stuff for everyone. I don't mind spending a bit more. I find the whole thing of groups of blokes drinking the same thing at the same pace a bit creepy - like level 1 rugger bugger behaviour. 

But the round is still the staple, and after a few pints most folk will change drink. I'm quite similar in the shots respect. If I'm out, at some point shots and that will seem a good idea, I'll just buy them. Someone else can get the next round of shots in when it seems a good idea again.

38 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Queue of people waiting to use a trio of bank machines. The ATM you are using breaks down. Do you go to the back or front of the queue to use another one?

I was in a Tesco Metro after work and the queue was lengthening.  The assistant rang the bell to open another till just next to me...so I had a choice...bolt to said till or allow the 'wid' next in line for the first till to go ahead of me.  Guess which I chose?

30 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was in a Tesco Metro after work and the queue was lengthening.  The assistant rang the bell to open another till just next to me...so I had a choice...bolt to said till or allow the 'wid' next in line for the first till to go ahead of me.  Guess which I chose?

Given that a significant majority of your posts are regaling us with tales of past glories, you probably gave her one over the self service till then took her home and banged her and her sister.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

6 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Given that a significant majority of your posts are regaling us with tales of past glories, you probably gave her one over the self service till then took and banged her and her sister.

Only one of us is celibate in this discussion, chap.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only one of us is celibate in this discussion, chap.

:) ... so what did you do?

Re: the ATM question. The lassie in question just jumped to the front of the queue with nary an acknowledgement. She didn't even have the decency to be a "wid".

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

:) ... so what did you do?

Re: the ATM question. The lassie in question just jumped to the front of the queue with nary an acknowledgement. She didn't even have the decency to be a "wid".

That's the single biggest factor!  Wids and auld yins get priority whenever there's "queue confusion".  Open season on the rest.