Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Queue of people waiting to use a trio of bank machines. The ATM you are using breaks down. Do you go to the back or front of the queue to use another one?

If I was at the front of another queue I'd assume that the machine didn't suddenly break down in front of you, and you were either broke or an idiot. So I wouldn't let you in in front of me. If I was the one whose machine broke down I would whimper a bit in case somebody would take sympathy and let me jump the queue, but basically head resignedly to the back. Wids don't come into it at my age, they widnae anyway so fuckem.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If I was at the front of another queue I'd assume that the machine didn't suddenly break down in front of you, and you were either broke or an idiot. So I wouldn't let you in in front of me. If I was the one whose machine broke down I would whimper a bit in case somebody would take sympathy and let me jump the queue, but basically head resignedly to the back. Wids don't come into it at my age, they widnae anyway so fuckem.

To be fair to the fat girl, the machine gave the illusion of working... it just wouldn't give out any cash. To add insult to injury, the next machine was only firing out twenties and she dinghied that one too. I leapt on, but didn't get to see if she actually tried to jump the queue again to have a shot on the 3rd and final machine.

2 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

To be fair to the fat girl, the machine gave the illusion of working... it just wouldn't give out any cash. To add insult to injury, the next machine was only firing out twenties and she dinghied that one too. I leapt on, but didn't get to see if she actually tried to jump the queue again to have a shot on the 3rd and final machine.

I'm not buying all this niceness.  I reckon you should say something like

"Saw your card rejected twice @RBS on Bridge Street.  I was right behind you and felt for you.  Let's set Wigtonshire ablaze

Yours in a biretta etc"

Post it on the missed connections section of the Free Press and we'll all be agog.

16 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Queue of people waiting to use a trio of bank machines. The ATM you are using breaks down. Do you go to the back or front of the queue to use another one?

Say "Hey this one is giving out double what I asked for"

Then while they all switch to that one, you quickly use the one that works!

Then run.

One time I was in Leicester Square in the days before mobile phones.
I went to use one of the public phones and there was a long queue for the one on the right.
I decided to try the one on the left.
Not only did it work but it gave me all my money back.
After that, I informed the people in the queue but they obviously concluded that I was a nutcase and there was no way they were going to lose their place in the queue.

Some people just love queues.

32 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I've just witnessed a woman in the pub pour a can of Diet Coke into half a pint of Tennents. Am I missing something or has the world gone mad?

This was many years ago, but a friend of my dad's was a coach driver and told us once that they had stopped at a pub for lunch. He saw somebody order a pint of lager, topped off with tomato juice.