Quick Question Thread

QQ.. I have another French girl wanting to be my intern in the summer and I suggest to missus she could stay with us. She's 18, is a hip-hop dancer and seems very enthusiastic. Missus says no. Is she being unreasonable? This poor girl travelling all that way having to sort her own accommodation etc. 

Afraid I have to refuse any pics of GTF but we're solidly into the rhymes with bid, gid and lid category. 

QQ.   Why is it that modern day cars are rarely built with a factory fitted sunroof ?    

That's a good question actually. 5 cars ago and about 15 years I had a Honda Accord with sunroof. Liked it at the time but never really missed it since.

7 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

That's a good question actually. 5 cars ago and about 15 years I had a Honda Accord with sunroof. Liked it at the time but never really missed it since.

I had a Maestro with a sun roof, bit of a misnomer, as it was most noticeable during rain.

I had a Maestro with a sun roof, bit of a misnomer, as it was most noticeable during rain.

Yes i had one too. Opened two ways and didnt seal properly either way. The silly cover blind thing came off its track a few times which was always fun

Mate of mine got a new sunroof cut into the roof of his car. Only took a couple of hours and they done a great job. Used to be a popular thing to get done in the early 80's. Think it cost about £90. Don't know if anybody does it anymore.

After seeing the Beith highlights on the TYWTSWP&B thread, it reminded me of a set of videos (from maybe 5 years ago) where they'd suddenly just turn into some mental psychedelic rave with background heavy metal type screaming. Anyone remember anything about those? Seemed to be a short term fad.

11 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

After seeing the Beith highlights on the TYWTSWP&B thread, it reminded me of a set of videos (from maybe 5 years ago) where they'd suddenly just turn into some mental psychedelic rave with background heavy metal type screaming. Anyone remember anything about those? Seemed to be a short term fad.

When I get a tax bill through, shouldnt they have taken off my 2015/16 payments on account? 

Would payments on account not be for the tax year following the one the tax bill relates to i.e. payments on account in bill for 2015/16 would be related to 2016/17 year?

In my Jeremy Kyle watching today I've seen more than one woman wearing jeans with patches cut out and replaced with what seems to be lace. Is this a thing?

I thought the dafties were still wearing kneeless jeans coupled with a curtain round the neck to protect the now cold knees?

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Would payments on account not be for the tax year following the one the tax bill relates to i.e. payments on account in bill for 2015/16 would be related to 2016/17 year?

Got my years mixed up, it's difficult when you're in 2017 and still talking about 2014. Anyway, meant the payments on account from the previous year to the tax bill

Got my years mixed up, it's difficult when you're in 2017 and still talking about 2014. Anyway, meant the payments on account from the previous year to the tax bill

Then I'd imagine they would be deducted from amount due for the tax year they related to. But you'd also have a new payment on account in the next bill so you might not notice the deduction until you stop working.

That's how it worked in Hong Kong but that probably is irrelevant to you. Unless you work in Hong Kong.