Quick Question Thread

Just now, throbber said:

I don't know if I can get to the pump without taking the entire machine out though. I have disconnected the waste hose and I'm draining the machine into a bucket but it's very slow so it will be to do with the pump. I don't want to put bleach on my machine

You need to tilt it back and unscrew the bottom panel usually. An egg cup of bleach should do it, won't do any harm.

Is the machine overloaded/  IE too much laundry getting put in?

No I wouldn't have said so. It's the pump that's clogged up or fucked. There was a massive pool of water left in the machine today and I unplugged the waste hose from the main pipe then put the machine on drain mode which should last 2 minutes but took closer to 20 to slowly drain the water away. Don't think I should be removing the face of it/dismantling it myself if I have it on warranty though?

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

My laptop died on me (battery died) whilst working on a word document. When I got it going again it has restarted and the half hour of work I'd done was lost.

I don't suppose there's an easy wee cheat to recover it?

It should come up with your auto-recovery thing when you open it. If it doesn't, I'm guessing it is lost. You could try this, but I'm guessing it's probably away...

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/recover-ms-word-document/

Check your Word options to make sure auto-save is set to occur frequently (say, every 5 minutes). And rest assured if you do have to rewrite what you lost, you'll never believe it to be as good as the original.

Have you checked the pump? Could be just some fibre from a crusty sock blocking it. By the way, I think I had the same problem when the cup of bleach and empty wash at 90 degrees worked.

I tried the cup of bleach at 90 degrees and an empty drum and the cycle went fine, every other load I have done last few times has stopped with a drainage error and taken ages to do but this went fine tonight. Will put a load of towels in tomorrow in hopes the entire problem is solved but I'm not getting hopes up!

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

I tried the cup of bleach at 90 degrees and an empty drum and the cycle went fine, every other load I have done last few times has stopped with a drainage error and taken ages to do but this went fine tonight. Will put a load of towels in tomorrow in hopes the entire problem is solved but I'm not getting hopes up!

The call out fee would have cost you at least £50. Are you on Paypal?

Just now, throbber said:

Not yet, took me a bit longer to get the old beast started this morning. You know how it is when you're the wrong side of 29!

No way to talk about her, I'm sure she'd prefer to be referred to as the chubber than the beast.