Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'd say so. A Stranraer vs Twente programme would suffice as a memento for a novelty fixture.

The worst half and half ones are those that have the words "together in friendship", usually with some shaking hands.

giphy.gif

It wouldn't be cool to mock someone with Parkinsons.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye this has eggs etc. I cant normally see it so it doesnt bother I dont know if theres a good reason to destroy it other than if they attempt a takeover of the bairns wee chute/swing set.

Nuke the fuckers. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Need this corroborated. Its pure conjecture on your part

He's right, you know. 

Anyway, now you've disturbed the nest, they'll have moved further underground. You'll never find them now. 

3 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Quick question;

Is there still a "Vic's Fish and Chicken bar" in Clepington Road, Dundee and another chip shop in Whitfield, Dundee owned by his brother?  What about Bob Findlay's in Lochee?

I only ask because I had amazing Fish and chips from them in the 90's. 

The only chippy still on the go on the Clep is Jaimie's at the top of Arklay St and it's utterly disgusting.

Whitfield chippy got knocked down years ago. Had my first white pudding supper there and quite a site for a young Perthshire lad to see a chippy with the counter behind bars.

Never heard of that one in Lochee so was definitely closed by mid/late 90s.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

If you're going to get some bleach and boil the kettle, do it quickly.  I dislodged a stone in a wee wall in the garden and discovered a nest.  Eggs, the lot.  Finished off what I was doing and went back to get rid of it an hour later and all evidence of it was gone. 

How would you like it if a massive ant came and poured boiling water and bleach into your house?

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

If I remember correctly, the one in Lochee was called the Bridge Fish and Chicken bar.  I too found the Whitfield chipper a bit daunting with the bars, I was fortunate/unfortunate to see it from the other side of the counter.  I used to help deliver food to the chip shops in Dundee.   However, the boss there, Vic?, was the best of them all.  He used to give me a poke of chips and a bottle of juice.  I used to love going to the chippy in Whitfield. 

Edit.  There was also a chippy in Dura Street, Dundee that was across the road from Wallace Land o' cakes.  Is that still there?  Good chips there too.  

The Bridge is beyond the official Lochee boundary!!. Its still there but shut for a few years and opened up again under presumably different owners. Its pretty good.

Dura St is Dora's and is really good. it is the only one my uncle will go to and he passes a half dozen to get there from Bridgefoot.

I was in Asda very early this morning. It just occurred to me that the man at the checkout next to me was a ringer for a gingery Jason Statham and was in Network Rail gear. Could I have encountered Bobby Skidmarks?

This got we wondering, would anyone ever introduce themselves to a p&b'er in public, if they knew it was that Person possibly?? I introduced myself to zen archer, but we had already agreed to say hello if I saw him at the fitba. Don't think I'd shout "Haw, you from p&b??" At someone though. Did the thought of possibly speaking to Bobby cross your mind at the time??

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I was in Asda very early this morning. It just occurred to me that the man at the checkout next to me was a ringer for a gingery Jason Statham and was in Network Rail gear. Could I have encountered Bobby Skidmarks?

In your pyjamas?

22 minutes ago, philpy said:

This got we wondering, would anyone ever introduce themselves to a p&b'er in public, if they knew it was that Person possibly?? I introduced myself to zen archer, but we had already agreed to say hello if I saw him at the fitba. Don't think I'd shout "Haw, you from p&b??" At someone though. Did the thought of possibly speaking to Bobby cross your mind at the time??

Hold on, did you not stalk a couple of P&B members and get upset that they didn't want to be friends, despite not knowing who they were?