Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers this would be ideal.

But it says you need to burn it on to blank CD/DVD.

b*****d.

No, if you scroll down the page on that link I sent, you just need to mount it on a virtual drive on your PC, which acts like having the CD.  There isn't anything to it.

No, if you scroll down the page on that link I sent, you just need to mount it on a virtual drive on your PC, which acts like having the CD.  There isn't anything to it.

Ahhh.

The bit that says 'how to install without disk?'

I'm following the instructions now.

I have seen a few actually... They now get those full fat prescription drinks from the GP to combat weight loss (they used to be the sole reserve of the terminally or gravely ill £3-5 a pop depending on the brand).

Yep. There's a black market for them too.

It was going so well...

But hit a snag. The game is loading up OK but when trying to start it says there isn't enough memory.

Scrolling down the original page shows loads of folk had that same problem but I can't see where the solution is.

It was going so well...

But hit a snag. The game is loading up OK but when trying to start it says there isn't enough memory.

Scrolling down the original page shows loads of folk had that same problem but I can't see where the solution is.

It was going so well...

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

It was going so well...

If I remember right, you just need to expand the Virtual Memory on the PC.  I'll find a link

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It was going so well...

Try right clicking on the Champ Man icon, select properties, compatibility,, in the drop down choose Windows 95 / Windows 98 then apply.

Try running it again.

Try right clicking on the Champ Man icon, select properties, compatibility,, in the drop down choose Windows 95 / Windows 98 then apply.
Try running it again.

Did that. It worked.

But now after choosing 'start new game' it comes up asking me to input the bloody disk. Argh.

I think that was a comment on the original page too .

IIRC, you have to download the last patch that SI released for CM 01/02 before it'll play nice.

Also buy Plants vs Zombies and FTL on Steam. That's generally my advice for any and all problems in life instead of "windows down, heating up".

Edit: think you can also download current league data from the website I linked to above, if you're feeling fruity.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave