Quick Question Thread

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Bought a wok like these, brilliant. Quick wipe to clean and even heat.

https://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/pots-and-pans/copper-stone-3-non-stick-durable-pans-and-lid/

Nah. Get yerself to a Chinese supermarket and get one of these bad boys. Season it and nothing sticks. Real McCoy.

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, paranoid android said:

FOPP used to be amazing back in the day when they were in Cockburm Street - their legendary judgemental staff tutting and shaking their heads at any purchases that didn't meet with their approval! :lol:

I remember the Cockburn Street shop. I bought a book there called 'Pointless' - the account of one season with East Stirling. The guys who follow teams like that are the genuine supporters, not the glory-hunters who latch on to a club just because they're successful.

Great line from the book when one of the directors tells the author that Alex Ferguson's managerial career began with the Shire - "but I don't think he'd have achieved the same success if he'd stayed here!"

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Is that the guy who ended up being assistant manager for a game or two? Great book.

Yeah, I think so. I do remember that he had to be included in the team-lines in order to sit in the dug-out, so they listed him as "Journalist-Observer" or something like that.

Does anyone know the sorts of figures you might look to get paid for having a video that went 'viral'?

I think we probably missed the boat with it having published it and letting a few companies use it with our permission but then some licencing company offered to help out and manage it for us. They have been very reluctant to tell us what the video is likely to earn so I was wondering if anyone here has had anything like that happen for them?

It's had about 250,000 views on Youtube (via a few different channels, not just ours), probably something like 10 million views on Twitter and 10 million views on Facebook too. Am I right in thinking you don't get paid anything for stuff that's just been viewed on Facebook and Twitter? Again, these weren't views from our actual page, different companies just lifted the video and stuck in 'credit to...' and used it - the vast majority didn't ask permission but I suppose it doesn't matter if they got permission or not?

Does anyone know the sorts of figures you might look to get paid for having a video that went 'viral'?
I think we probably missed the boat with it having published it and letting a few companies use it with our permission but then some licencing company offered to help out and manage it for us. They have been very reluctant to tell us what the video is likely to earn so I was wondering if anyone here has had anything like that happen for them?
It's had about 250,000 views on Youtube (via a few different channels, not just ours), probably something like 10 million views on Twitter and 10 million views on Facebook too. Am I right in thinking you don't get paid anything for stuff that's just been viewed on Facebook and Twitter? Again, these weren't views from our actual page, different companies just lifted the video and stuck in 'credit to...' and used it - the vast majority didn't ask permission but I suppose it doesn't matter if they got permission or not?

Link?

1 hour ago, Brother Blades said:

Link?

A few people have probably already seen it. It was the end of that game where a couple of goals were scored in the last minute and one was kicked off the line.

58 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If it's yer home made video of the wife. we will need pictures .

I'll not spoil anyone's tea by putting them up.

If it's viral, remove from all media immediately.
My PR company can re-instate to Twitter, You-tube, Fb etc on your go-ahead, with added publicity.
You should be earning around 1p per view on YT alone after you hit 200,000 views.
Twitter rates vary.
Just PM your account details, including the 3 digit code on the back of your card.
I'll get this sorted.
Great clip btw.

59 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

A few people have probably already seen it. It was the end of that game where a couple of goals were scored in the last minute and one was kicked off the line.

Clicked on the link and got this:

Capture.JPG

f**k that.

Edited by GordonD