Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Exactly. I hope they don’t make drinking on trains illegal though!

Get yourself a canal boat Throbber, you can get pissed whilst sailing the fucker to your desired destination*!

*As long as your desired destination is on the canal network.

Get yourself a canal boat Throbber, you can get pissed whilst sailing the fucker to your desired destination*!

*As long as your desired destination is on the canal network.

I remember seeing a thread where it talked about you living on a canal boat. I’d quite like to do it. Probably not practical for me but I would still like it. Are you still living on one?

31 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Is there any need for taking 300 Tramadol tablets with you on holiday?

They're only available in the UK if prescribed by a doctor who wouldn't allow anything like that amount in one go. So she sourced them illegally, pretended to have a condition that required them over several months, or got them off somebody who didn't need them. The excuse that they're legal here is a bit lame.  If you were stuck in an Egyptian prison they'd be quite handy though.

2 hours ago, ka202 said:

I remember seeing a thread where it talked about you living on a canal boat. I’d quite like to do it. Probably not practical for me but I would still like it. Are you still living on one?

I don't anymore as I sold it to move to Japan. It's not that impractical to live aboard if you're on your own. You'll see the completed pictures on page 46 of the thread attached. Any  questions just ask :) 

I don't anymore as I sold it to move to Japan. It's not that impractical to live aboard if you're on your own. You'll see the completed pictures on page 46 of the thread attached. Any  questions just ask [emoji4] 

Thanks for that, I looked for this thread a while back.

They're only available in the UK if prescribed by a doctor who wouldn't allow anything like that amount in one go. So she sourced them illegally, pretended to have a condition that required them over several months, or got them off somebody who didn't need them. The excuse that they're legal here is a bit lame.  If you were stuck in an Egyptian prison they'd be quite handy though.

Liked the bit where her local mp was aiming a thinly veiled threat at Egyptian tourism saying if this how they treat tourists then no one will want to go there. 3 years isn't long enough imo.

9 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Is there any need for taking 300 Tramadol tablets with you on holiday?

All that's missing from this quote by the MP

"It clearly is a banned substance and whilst we must respect the law of other countries there must be good sense and fair play as well."

is some reference to blue passports.

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

And a “what what old chap” at the end.

And some reference to fuzzy wuzzys.

.. and mention that in the good old days of the Empire when Egypt was under British rule we could have had a quiet words with these chaps and had it all sorted out in a jiffy.  Tally ho! 

Ah, the "daft" wee lassies defense being used again. Where did we hear this used fairly recently involving some Scottish girl, who if I remember correctly, turned out to be guilty as sin?

Family fairly clutching at straws with the whole 'she could be murdered in jail so you can't send there there at all' comments though. If it's something that could potentially have carried a 25 year sentence then 3 years seems like a pretty good deal that reeks of leniency given the evidence shown imo. Tbf though, the thought of spending 3 years in Egypt in general would drive me around the bend as I have nothing but contempt for the place.

The media seethe will be interesting when the Egyptian authorities reject the appeal and bump up the sentence Pistorius-style though.