Quick Question Thread

23 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Is there a thread for updates on Scottish players playing outside of Scotland for this season?

Is this about wee moon face's pass for that goal at the weekend?

Is this about wee moon face's pass for that goal at the weekend?

No, I’m not even sure who you mean tbh.

The thought came as I was discussing Rangers buying that left back with my pals, what’s happening to Wallace, unlikely to play for Scotland again, we’ve enough left backs anyway, wheres Stephen Kingsley playing, seen he played last night - as did a few other Scots in the same game. I did try to make a long story short there.

Edit: do you mean Liam Henderson? I seen that goal, was a good move but not the inspiration behind my question.

Just now, NJ2 said:

No, I’m not even sure who you mean tbh.
The thought came as I was discussing Rangers buying that left back with my pals, what’s happening to Wallace, unlikely to play for Scotland again, we’ve enough left backs anyway, wheres Stephen Kingsley playing, seen he played last night - as did a few other Scots in the same game. I did try to make a long story short there.

Liam Henderson. He played a through ball at the weekend that was semi decent and apparently he's now the equivalent of Gazza when he joined Lazio.

Liam Henderson. He played a through ball at the weekend that was semi decent and apparently he's now the equivalent of Gazza when he joined Lazio.

Aye, see my edit - the penny dropped. Thought it was a well worked goal and good play. Probably should have been the inspiration behind my query but wasn’t.

Making a curry tonight using a base gravy I made and froze last week.

The recipe I'm following (and others I've seen) has 1 tbsp of garlic paste and also 5 cloves of finely chopped garlic.

Why not just use 8 cloves of garlic. (Assuming 1 clove of garlic is equivalent to 1 tsp, 3 tsp in a tbsp)

Apart from the seeing off vampires and the whole female population, does anyone know why both would be included?

The recipe I'm following (and others I've seen) has 1 tbsp of garlic paste and also 5 cloves of finely chopped garlic.

Why not just use 8 cloves of garlic. (Assuming 1 clove of garlic is equivalent to 1 tsp, 3 tsp in a tbsp)

Apart from the seeing off vampires and the whole female population, does anyone know why both would be included?

Depends when you are adding them tbh. Paste in the base then cloves later on?

Depends when you are adding them tbh. Paste in the base then cloves later on?
According to the recipe the garlic is added after cooking the onions, chillies and pepper.

The base or gravy is already made and is added at the end once everything is cooked.

Just curious as to what difference there is (apart from the obvious) between garlic paste and finely chopped garlic.

ETA:

Just noticed there are comments way down at the bottom of the page, someone asked the same question. The chef replied saying it makes a big difference to the texture and taste.

Could you post the rest of the recipe and all ingredients or a link to it? Sounds like something I’d enjoy.

Could you post the rest of the recipe and all ingredients or a link to it? Sounds like something I’d enjoy.
No problem.

Base gravy.

http://www.greatcurryrecipes.net/2013/12/31/make-indian-restaurant-style-curry-sauce-large-batch/

Looks alot but shove it in some plastic carry out dishes and freeze it. I divided mine into about six batches about 400ml each. I'd also calm down on the ghee, maybe use three or even two tablespoons. I like it myself but it's quite a strong taste.

Jalfrezi that I was making.

http://www.greatcurryrecipes.net/2011/09/27/restaurant-style-curries-how-to-make-chicken-jalfrezi/

3 hours ago, throbber said:

If I cancel sky can I still watch cooncil telly through my sky box? I also have BT sport so can I still accesses that via channel 418?

Google is your friend.

Using Freesat alongside Sky

You can have both Freesat and Sky connected to the same dish. If you need additional wiring installed, your local Freesat-approved satellite engineer will be able to advise you about your options, and what would work best in your home