Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, ah-dee said:
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Why was Oddjob so small in Goldeneye for the N64?

i dont think he was. are you confusing Oddjob for NickNack? he has vertically challenged

Nick Nack wasn't in the Goldeneye game

Anyone ever taken an intensive driving course? I need to finally get a full licence, and have a week free that'd be ideal to get it out of the way, so it seems like a better way than faffing around with weekly lessons again. Looking for recommendations, or places to avoid.

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyone ever taken an intensive driving course? I need to finally get a full licence, and have a week free that'd be ideal to get it out of the way, so it seems like a better way than faffing around with weekly lessons again. Looking for recommendations, or places to avoid.

When I was skint I was tempted to join the TA just to get the Army to pay for driving lessons. 

Just as well I didn't- the Afghan War happened soon after and I could have ended up as a real life Gary: Tank Commander. 

44 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

There's a guy from Glasgow who comes highly recommended, H Clarke Esq School of Motoring.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

QQ, why are adults playing computer games?

Probably for the same reason they read books, watch films, and go to football matches.

Mozza has a far more pertinent question. That one stumps me.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

There's a guy from Glasgow who comes highly recommended, H Clarke Esq School of Motoring.

There are worse options, as previously mentioned.

Question that has bugged me for years:

Why are some passing place signs diamond shaped but others square?   There's clearly no link to which side of the road they're on and most single-track roads seem to have a combination of both.  Example:

image.php?f=Passing_place.JPG

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Why are some passing place signs diamond shaped but others square?   There's clearly no link to which side of the road they're on and most single-track roads seem to have a combination of both.  Example:

image.php?f=Passing_place.JPG

Pretty sure it’s just an age thing with the older ones being diamonds.

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38327

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pretty sure it’s just an age thing with the older ones being diamonds.

https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38327

I've just spent the last ten minutes perusing that website and I think it trumps "Pylon of the Month" as one of the geekiest websites out there. 

It's great!

42 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The square ones are probably cheaper to machine print.

Im in Inversneck on my tod for the next few nights. Where's best for a pint and for watching the kickball?

Don’t know about the best place but I watched a couple of games in a pub just down the hill from the castle, think it was called the Caledonia, was a bit of a dive but cheap for drink. Was in the castle arms for lunch because I was working right next to it and that looked like it would be ok but a wee bit dearer