Quick Question Thread

I'm up in the uni with my card to photocopy the details, I'll photocopy it to be sure and have a rummage for the letter for next week, cheers.

I'd imagine they'll only need it for your EU Health Insurance Number, rather than as any further proof of identity. Once they have the number they're pretty much sorted as they can link it to all necessary relevant information (e.g. medical records).

Are you planning on studying abroad for a while, VT?

Yeah, I've got to send all the shit away by the 15th of next month.

I think he's planning on a trip to Amsterdam, see if he can get his nat.

You're scarily close to the intended destination.

Euro advice:

The Post Office are doing 600euros for 533pound sterling. Am i likely to find a better deal than this?

You'll get 600 for £525 in cash generators on current exchange rates. I've always found them to be slightly better.

Leiden?

Groningen.

Cowden, 600 for 533 is roughly 1.126 to the pound, the Money Shop in Glasgow (and branches elsewhere) were offering 1.147 this afternoon.

Given the pound was sitting at 1.18 yesterday I found that stingy. Unless the Post Office are giving some sort of manager's special then I would never go near them for holiday money.

Edit: For the same cash in Sterling you would get 611 Euros.

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah, I went through the comparison websites first, and Admiral were coming out cheapest, so I then went through their website and played about a bit, managed to get it quite a bit cheaper, and ended up at about £750 for the year, which isn't too bad.

Thanks for the help.

You could also try checking out the deals on cashback websites like QuidCo Might shave a few more quid off.

How good are Virgin Media's customer service to deal with? This is related to my post two pages back.

Edited by Gaz

Where's the best place to buy 3/4 length black shorts? Reasonably priced ones, none of yer expensive designer gear pish, if such a thing exists.

for your short legs,normal shorts will do :

tk maxx ;)

I have a few pairs of shorts, but I'd like a pair to cover my knobbly knees. laugh.gif

You're a big b*****d I take it then, aye? Well maybe then they're OK. Still, the point still stands.

Your best bet would be Asda/Tesco then. They'd sell them relatively cheap.

Is tomorrow a bank holiday?

No, just Monday

Groningen.

Cowden, 600 for 533 is roughly 1.126 to the pound, the Money Shop in Glasgow (and branches elsewhere) were offering 1.147 this afternoon.

Given the pound was sitting at 1.18 yesterday I found that stingy. Unless the Post Office are giving some sort of manager's special then I would never go near them for holiday money.

Edit: For the same cash in Sterling you would get 611 Euros.

The Cheque Centre were doing about 1.135 this morning, they're usually amongst the better for foreign money. VT, the 1.18 rate you're quoting is probably the spot rate on the FX market and the tourist rate is always a few percent lower, if you can get 1.147 then that's quite a good rate.

Edited by qpsnapper